IGNORED

K75 Idle adjustment

beemer2000

beemer2000

Is there a simple way to adjust the throttle bodies or the idle on a K75? Can it be done without a manometer or similar device? Mine has started going dead when starting from stopped. It also doesn't have good throttle response at low RPM??? I thought there might be a simple procedure like run screw in and back off 2.5 turns or something like that??? It only has 34k on it.

Paul Mihalka

What your bike needs is probably not adjustment of something. It is low mileage, but a bit old. Rubber parts go by age, not miles. First thing I would look at is the little crankcase vent hose. Lots of false air going to the intake manifold if it leaks, and they do that. The rubber sleeves that attach the throttle bodies to the cylinder head also get old and cracking.

beemer2000

Thanks Paul. I hadn't thought about that. I am not much of a mechanic in case you haven't figured that out yet.

I just bought this very low milage K75 and it is almost perfect in every way except this thing with dying when you start off. It seems to be getting worse. I will take a look at the hoses and connectors when I get home and thanks for the response.

Terry Houser

On a K75 the idle RPM setting can be adjusted by turning one set screw found between the frontmost and middle TB's. HOWEVER!, K75s rarely if ever need adjustment if eveything is working as it should. Like Paul said, something else is wrong.

SteveHebert

I worked on a friends K75 a couple years ago with a real mechanic (Uli). After much frustration, we conlcuded that it was the fuel control and bought a cheap used one from Mike Figelski. That solved the problem. It was doing exactly as you are describing. The idle was fine, but after giving a bit of throttle is would die. We ran the whole gammit of tests with fuel pressure, regulators, spark plugs, compression, relays, vaccum leaks, etc. Mike is a member here so give him a shout.

Thanks Steve for the input. I am not a mechanic!!! And the replacement of the crankchase vent hose seemed to help the stalling problem. However the dead spot in the throttle at lower settings seems to still be there and throttle response is not what it should be.

I will probably take it into the dealer??$$$$!!!

Fuel control module? Fuel control computer? Could you explain what that is? I have a used BMW parts guy close to me that I could get one from maybe>

Thanks

Terry Houser

Archived