IGNORED

Cee Bailey VS Sargeant

bmwdavid

I wear 30" jeans so inseam is probably 29". I recently tried and sold a set of Russell seats because it was too tall even though they said it was as low as they could build it. Also had Rick Mayer leather before the Russell but the seat wasn't comfortable for more than a couple hours. I don't want the low sargeant because of lack of padding and was wondering if anyone has experience with the regular height sargeant vs Cee Bailey. I live in connecticut and can't do a ride in to any of the builders on the west coast. Any other suggestions or other seat builders. Running out of money and ideas. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the reg sargeant set on my 07RT,,34" inseam,in the low setting,my heals just dont touch,,(2 mm)I have the low seat on my 05 GS,,But with a sheep skin on it its not bad,,Just normal num butt!!Hands down better than the stock seat!Hope this helps.tim

tom collins

i have a cb seat with heat on an 04 RT. it is about the same height as a stock seat in the middle position. i never inquired about a low version, if they can even do one.

good luck, this is a long-standing problem for these bikes and average sized people.

tom collins

How was the comfort of the Cee Bailey? Was it comfortable for more than a couple hours? Have you tried other aftermarket seats besides the Bailey and were they any better?

tom collins

i tried a rick mayer, corbin and one other before i tried the bailey. there has been one hot spot on this saddle since i got it 2 years ago. i never tried sending it back. an alaska sheepskin helps a lot. my last ride was about 8 hours last weekend and it was ok, but i have not ever been able to totally forget about my rear end with this seat. i have had others on other bikes where that was the case. the problem with the rt is that the drivers seat is so short between the tank and passenger seat that there is really only one seating position, so it had better be perfect, no room to slide around. very few seats are perfect. the elf pegs help a lot by giving different postion to shift to and changing the contact patch with the seat.

good luck.

tom collins

Jim VonBaden

I've had a RM, Corbin and now a Sargent.

I also have a 28" inseam, and slightly taller Ohlins on my 12GS. I am on my toes, but have not dropped the bike because of it.

The Sargent is the most comfortable for me so far, but for long distances, I like a bit more padding and use a $20 Walmart rubber pad. Good for 12 hour riding days like yesterday.

Jim cool.gif

I wear 30" jeans so inseam is probably 29". I recently tried and sold a set of Russell seats because it was too tall even though they said it was as low as they could build it. Also had Rick Mayer leather before the Russell but the seat wasn't comfortable for more than a couple hours. I don't want the low sargeant because of lack of padding and was wondering if anyone has experience with the regular height sargeant vs Cee Bailey. I live in connecticut and can't do a ride in to any of the builders on the west coast. Any other suggestions or other seat builders. Running out of money and ideas. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the regular sarg does not sit very high. i like it and have one on both moto's. carbon fx. our inseams are the same.

Archived