IGNORED

k1200LT power source

Rich06FJR1300

Rich06FJR1300

Trying to install an autocom pro7 system on my friend's 2000 K1200LT...we tried the signal ciruit and heated seat circuit to no avail...we know the connector is good to power from the bike as we did a test run directly to his battery...but unable to find out why he can't take power from these 2 switched circuits...if any of you have autocom's, where did you get switched power from?

Rich

Were are you putting the autocom unit??You can get power from the radio unit,,or put in a relay,tap into runnig lights,or die plug,,under the seat,,

Rich06FJR1300

i think he's putting it under the seat, looks like the only place he has at the moment. He doesn't really want to put in a relay at the moment...so the radio...hmmm, may work...i'll see what he thinks. What's the die plug?

Its the plug under the seat were thay plug in there computer,It on a clip has a black cap,the power wire is hot with key on..

Rich06FJR1300

we got suggestions that the power source may be ok (like hooking into the signal circuit) but its the ground of that circuit that may not be...so he's checking it later in the week....see if he can go to the battery's ground and maybe that will work.

Archived