IGNORED

I'm back but I have a new steed in my stable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

Well, I sold my 97 RT. It was a great bike and everything was going well with it but I had the itch for something a little bit better. So, I sold it. I looked for a couple of weeks and found this little gem. It is an 03 K1200GT. It has 10k on the odometer, has a Remus slip on with the power commander. It came with a Marsee tank bag with electric hook up soon to be for sale. It is suppose to come with barbacks as soon as the previous owner finds them and he is also sending me paperwork on an unlimited mileage extended warranty until 2011. The bike is a mint!!!!!! It just had brand new Michelin road piliots put on 500 miles ago too. This bike is a freeking rocket ship. Triple digits come on faster than the blink of an eye. Of course al of the normal GT features, heated seats, electronic cruise control, eletric windshield, etc...This is one awesome bike. I am probably going to sell the tank bag since I am not into them. You can take a look for yourself (see attachment)

870140-bike1.JPG.6b136257357a119cd50ff7bb2a99674f.JPG

Jerry_75_Guy

Sweet!

I just finished paying off and farklizing my RT when those came out, otherwise I'd have traded in for one.

Like the color too!

Firefight911
I'll give you 5 grand for it tonight .

Nice ride.

I'd take him up on that offer!!! $5K for a tank bag!?!?!?!? tongue.gif

That sure is a beautiful motorcycle!!!

Congratulations!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

...but I had the itch for something a little bit better.

Better than an RT? You've been smoking the K-Bike Kool-Aid, man tongue.gif

Indeed, a beautiful ride, and smooth. I just wish I could get comfortable on those things. I've got the MYRP down to a science on the RT, but my lanky 6'5" body just can't seem to wrap itself around the ergos of the modern Flying Brick. That, and I've found myself commuting through town even more, and the RS/GTs deserve to be out on the road.

Enjoy it!

cali_beemer

K-bike cool aid... Funny! This bike is better than my 97 RT in just about every aspect. Smoothness, Brakes, power, tranny, suspension, cruise control, ohhh and did I mention its smooth? I will end up putting some suburban type 2 barbacks on it. Those will put the bars close to an RT. The sheer power of this bike is remarkable. I had a 99 RS so the k motor is nothing new but this bike has an exhaust and power comander on it. Damn does this thing fly. Its hard to obey speed limits. Of course I had that problem with the RT as well.

Ohhhh, and 5K for my tank bag? I will considder it sold. hahaha I will even include the shipping.

Very sweet indeed! That looks like a rocket ship waiting to take off! Just remember to keep an eye on your six for flashing lights. grin.gif

Congrats on the new ride. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Congratulations and compliments on a great looking bike.

What are suburban bar backs? I know regular barbacks...

First post here.

My R1100RSL has a new home so I've been looking at this particular year(s) of the GT.

Wurty, have I met you? Ouray, CO back in 2004, the Advrider get together???

Indeed, a beautiful ride, and smooth. I just wish I could get comfortable on those things. I've got the MYRP down to a science on the RT, but my lanky 6'5" body just can't seem to wrap itself around the ergos of the modern Flying Brick. That, and I've found myself commuting through town even more, and the RS/GTs deserve to be out on the road.

Enjoy it!

Isn't it funny how we perceive things? grin.gif

I have great difficulty riding an RT because when I go to stop, my long legs hit the fairing, I can't fit my boot in to get the side stand to put it down.

On the GT, no problem. 6' 5" too.

wave.gif

Congrats!

She is a beauty! Of course the dark blue ones are faster, but only slightly. I bought an '03 in october and have put 6K on it while my 1150/RT has only gotten 2K in that time. I'm addicted to the smooth, huge power. You will want to go straight to the type-2 suburban bar backs, I got the type-1 first and then the type-2. Type-2 requires a new brake line though. Your going to love the bike, but watch out for the LEO's! Tire advice, it appears that the Pirelli Diablo strada is going to be the longest lasting tire for the 5.5" rear wheel.

Bob

thumbsup.gif

cali_beemer
Congrats!

She is a beauty! Of course the dark blue ones are faster, but only slightly. I bought an '03 in october and have put 6K on it while my 1150/RT has only gotten 2K in that time. I'm addicted to the smooth, huge power. You will want to go straight to the type-2 suburban bar backs, I got the type-1 first and then the type-2. Type-2 requires a new brake line though. Your going to love the bike, but watch out for the LEO's! Tire advice, it appears that the Pirelli Diablo strada is going to be the longest lasting tire for the 5.5" rear wheel.

Bob

thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the advice. It has road piliots now and they seem to grip but the front tire is wearing a bit weird. we will have to see. I will definately be on the lookout for LEO's since triple digits are just a few seconds away. That big smooth velvety powerhouse is a joy to ride.

Aluminum_Butt

That big smooth velvety powerhouse is a joy to ride.

Amen, brother! I love mine, too. You found a gorgeous bike there, though red is the fastest color. wink.gif

Now, somebody pass the KoolAid. thumbsup.gif

Archived