IGNORED

R1200GS Horn recommendations

yellojakit

pedro cerveza

Jerry over at Pirates Lair is now selling one that could shatter glass. Which means you might be able to get the attention of a cager on a cell phone.

K1200LT horns are nice and loud,,My 07 RT horn is about the same size as the tool kit I got with it,Nothing There!!I wonder if you could find some at a salvage yard,Thats the way im headed on my RT.

yellojakit

Thanks, guys...I've heard a lot about the Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Air Horn, 139 dB - Black. They even have a live demonstration on "you tube" at the following link:

The only issue with these horns is trying to fit them in that compact spacing between the forks...

I'm having a Stebel Nautilus installed next weekend. I bought it from CASportTouring.com for about $35.

My brother had one installed on his K1200GT. it is earsplitting. Sounds like a freight train!

I'll post an update once it's installed.

+1 Stebel Nautilus

The horn was the first thing I changed when I got my 1100RT. Bought mine through Amazon. Did the install myself. Pretty straight forward. About an hour job (most of which was me taking off tupperware for the first time).

Jim VonBaden
Thanks, guys...I've heard a lot about the Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Air Horn, 139 dB - Black. They even have a live demonstration on "you tube" at the following link:
The only issue with these horns is trying to fit them in that compact spacing between the forks...

Steibel-horn.jpg

Not a problem for 20K miles.

www.adventurersworkshop.com sells them and an installation kit. I made my own kit.

Jim cool.gif

It will fit. I did the exact same thing as Jim shows.

In case the fit IS too tight....you can seperate the horn piece from the motor aide......and just run a hose between the two pieces. You'll need an adaptor (check with your local hardware store) to hook the hose to on the horn end.

Pat

Irv Seaver installed the Stebel Nautilus yesterday on my R1200GS. They charged me 1.5 hours in labor + $20 in miscellaneous wires, connectors, etc. If you are considering purchasing the Stebel, I'd recommend NOT buying the wiring kit they also sell, as it is cheaper to let the dealer wire it up (if a dealer is going to do the work, that is).

The GS sounds like a freight train now. I have never relied on the horn much anyway, but I like knowing that if I need it, it'll be heard and heard good!

Archived