IGNORED

Rich's Custom Seats

gloveguy

Does anyone in this group have any experience with this Seattle-based custom seat maker's seats? I'm considering having them build a seat for me.

Thanks.

Dennis

I've had a Rich's saddle on my 12RT for two years now and I am very happy with it. I went to his shop in Seattle and had it custom fit which for the money is the only way to go. I had him put a backrest on it and cover it and the passenger saddle with leather. Only issue so far is that it has become slick. (See my other post here) I rode with the stock saddle for about 15K miles and it never was satisfactory - read sore butt. Rich does some of the work himself such as fitting and his crew does the rest. His seamstress did an outstanding job of making the patterns and sewing up the cover. I have the heated seats and they incorporated them as well as adding a gel pad. All in all a very professional job, all in one day's work.

bmurphypdx

I'm running to the airport so I can't stop to figure out how to link, etc. Check out the thread under Hexheads on May 26, 2007 "Another Rich's Custom Seat" He does great work, enjoy!

I have his saddle on my R12RT. It is a well made confortable seat. It actually has become more comfortable as the miles have accumulated, I can't say that with other aftermarket saddles I've tried. I will use him again if/when I get another bike.

Be aware that a visit to Rich's is an all day event.

Be aware that a visit to Rich's is an all day event.

I got a flavor for this when the nice lady who made the appointment for me for a Friday afternoon said I would probably have to come back in on Saturday morning to complete the job...but it sounds like they place a value on the lost art of customer service since they offered me a "loaner" seat for Friday night if mine isn't done. Thanks to all who provided me with additional information. I will let you know how this all turns out.

Dennis

Had Rich modify my seat when I bought mt 04 RT. Then left on a 4k trip. Had to have some mods done when I got home, it was just not quite right and my butt was very sore after the 4k.

He re-did my seat and it is perfect now. My wife had hers done there as well (her motorcycle seat) grin.gif. He will be doing any other seats we have in the future. Great workmanship and nice folks.

I too have had a rich's seat on every bike and wouldn't ride without one...be prepared though, it truly is an all day event. Rich is a great guy and one of the best in the business. thumbsup.gif

After three months on my new R12RT, I had Rich build both front and passenger seats plus the topcase back rest. My wife and I arrived at his shop at 0900 and left at 10:30 PM. That statement is NOT a complaint. The time spent there reflects Rich's personal attention and his obsession with creating a great product and, in turn, very satisfied customers. We went for about 5 test rides. Each time Rich would personally interview both of us, re-mark the seats for reshaping, and then send us out again. His careful questioning and good observations of posture and stature resulted in seats that are simply superb. After the seats, he worked his magic on the backrest of our 49 L BMW top case. According to my wife, it is now much more supportive and useable. Money well spent......

bakerzdosen

You could find my "review" of my experience if you looked around in the thread mentioned above, but here's a direct link to my experiences last summer.

Archived