IGNORED

Center Stand Question 2000 R1100RT

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

I recently purchased a new center stand on E-bay for my 2000 R1100RT. The seller advertised that stand was for an R1100RT or R1150RT. The seller is from Canada and from the information on E-bay sounds like he is a dealer getting rid of some inventory. The stand is brand new but when I compare it to mine there appears to be some minor (I think) differences. There are two tags on the bag, one over the top of the other. The first tag has the #46520029255 and the tag underneath has #46522330438. If I go to the parts catalog a Max's, the only number that shows as good is the 46522330438 which is for a spoked wheel. There is another number listed for cast wheels. Anyone know If this will fit? I assuming at one time the R1100RT had spoked wheels. I know the R1150RT never had spoked wheels. If this is not going to fit properly I am going contact the seller and try to return.

Spoked wheels were a option for police duty.

As for fitment ... Use a tape measure. A spoked wheel one will be longer in the legs but not by much.

Steve Kolenda

Tony,

OK, its a spoked wheel one, will it fit? I'm assuming they made two different parts for a reason.

Steve Kolenda

Anybody else know if this will fit or not? E-bay seller says that he has sold 20 of these with no returns.

I don't know if this will help or not, but I purchased one from that same person/dealer/whatever for my '96 and it was a perfect match.

It will work. It's just a tad longer in the legs.

Why you ask... because police were running run flat dunlops which have a ever so slightly taller profile.

My guess is seller fullfilled the order requirements for rtp bikes but didn't change the center due to the small difference.

That or they just had a silly amount of rtp stands just because! dopeslap.gif

No worries . Ride ON.

Archived