IGNORED

Trapped on a motorcycle

xoomerite

I realize that this sounds like the blond locked inside her car.

Yesterday morning, I was preparing to leave for work. Flipped up the side stand, started the bike, turned off the light in the garage, and rolled the bike off the center stand. I did not hear the stand hit under the bike, but started to roll it forward anyway. The bike would not move. I pushed the center stand and it would not move up. The bike would not roll backwards.

Stuck! I know it's not in park. Won't roll forward or back. I looked down, but couldn't see a thing.

I turned the bike off and put down the side stand to take a look. Of course, it is dark and I don't have a clue what I am looking for. I walked around the right side of the bike and looked. Trapped between the center stand and the rear tire was a basketball. The rubber of the basketball kept the rear tire from moving either direction.

I couldn't get the ball out because of the center stand.

I put the bike back up on the center stand. When I gave the ball a little kick, it rolled free.

(insert cute comment)

I probably would have deflated the basketball and had a talk with the kids.

Your solution was much better.

I probably would have deflated the basketball and had a talk with the kids.

Your solution was much better.

I would have deflated the kids and had a talk with the basketball.....

FlyingFinn

On that topic...

Sometimes I even surprise myself at how quick I'm at getting myself into embarrassing situations.

At work we have chairs like this all over the place, in the lab, in meeting rooms etc.

shark_stool-200.jpg

I like to sit in those kind of like on a sport bike, leaned forward, knees bent and feet tucked under the seat with toes on the foot rest ring.

Well, you see those paddle levers under the seat?

During one of our weekly "all hands on deck" meetings I'm again tucking my feet and happened to hit one of the levers with my heel.

The lever that lets the chair drop down....

The chair drops straight down, just enough to push my feet down inside the ring. And there I was stuck in the damn chair until everyone else had left at the end of the meeting so that I could wiggle my self free.

Good it didn't happen during a job interview. Nothing like putting the best foot forward...

--

Mikko

I have no idea why I'm sharing this...

On that topic...

Sometimes I even surprise myself at how quick I'm at getting myself into embarrassing situations.

At work we have chairs like this all over the place, in the lab, in meeting rooms etc.

shark_stool-200.jpg

I like to sit in those kind of like on a sport bike, leaned forward, knees bent and feet tucked under the seat with toes on the foot rest ring.

During one of our weekly "all hands on deck" meetings I'm again tucking my feet and happened to hit one of the levers with my heel.

The chair drops straight down, just enough to push my feet down inside the ring. And there I was stuck in the damn chair until everyone else had left at the end of the meeting so that I could wiggle my self free.

Good it didn't happen during a job interview. Nothing like putting the best foot forward...

--

Mikko

I picture this scene in a Jim Carey movie, very funny lmao.giflmao.gif

On that topic...

shark_stool-200.jpg

--

Mikko

lmao.gif........Your not alone. I've done that myself more than a few times.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I probably would have deflated the basketball...

...With a Bowie knife...

On that topic...

shark_stool-200.jpg

--

Mikko

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif Now THAT's Funny! lmao.giflmao.gif

Hope none of your co-workers know about this. If they're like mine you will NEVER hear the end of this. Mine never pass up an opportunity to embarrass each other.

It's rare that I actually laugh out loud but between the bike/basketball incident AND the trapped feet incident I couldn't stop myself. Thx for posting this. I really needed to laugh after the work day I just made it through.

You did better than I at getting yourself free… grin.gif

I’m less than average size, and even in XXS, I still had a lot of extra fabric on the Motoport overpants I wore that day.

Sitting on my RT in a Motel 6 parking lot, ready to head home, I pushed forward to get the bike down from the centerstand. As it rolled forward, I started to lower both feet to the ground. Right foot – good. Left foot – not moving. blush.gif

The extra fabric on my left pants leg was caught between the centerstand and the bike! crazy.gif

Talk about trapped… Can’t use the left foot to push the centerstand back down, and can’t reach down that far with my hand. It’s a good thing I have no pride about asking for help. “Excuse me. Sir? Could you come over here? Do you see that thing holding my pant leg up against the bike? Great! Would you push that thing forward and down towards the ground?”

“Oh, THANK YOU!!!” clap.gif

I resumed breathing, put my left foot on the ground, and started the RT. I rode home and had those overpants altered before I wore them again.

Archived