IGNORED

New Toy - G650 X Moto

GregB

I'm weak! and it just insisted on coming home with me.....

I've been thinking about something small and fun for awhile and thought a small streetbike might be just about right. I've been looking at the X-Moto and X-Country, finally getting serious about the X-Moto.

My favorite dealer - Brown Motor Works in Pomona, CA only had one that had been test driven and that doesn't work for me. That would be my fourth new BMW from Brown's and I really like them. I thought I should look at a real dirt bike before the BMW 4.9% financing went away 5/31 and make a decision: BMW or dirt bike.

So my last customer of the day is near Malcolm Smith Motorsports and I stop in to look at dirt bikes from the dirt bike experts. They are out of the Husqvarna TE450 that I want to look at but they are also a BMW dealer and have a virgin X-Moto. They will make me a DEAL, they will prep it to ride off while I take my Honda in to the dealer for service and catch a ride back to Malcolm's......

I just couldn't resist. I am weak..........

Can't wait to see what you think of the Xmoto.

While you were looking at Huskys, you should ask them what the recommended top end rebuild time is (if its like their true dirt bikes). I think you will appreciate the Rotax motor you got!

Though the Xmoto is not a "true" dirt bike, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun on it. thumbsup.gif

I will post a complete impression when I have more info. I am still breaking it in. I picked it up Saturday afternoon and turned the 30 mile trip home into 110. I have now parked it because I don't have an oil filter for it and it is ready for its first oil & filter change.

The maintenance on a street legal true dirt bike is a factor but that bike for me would get a couple hundred miles a year. For my dirt riding the KTM 640 LC4 enduro at 308lb dry is too heavy and the race-setup of no sidestand and incredible vibration make you not want to ride it on the street. The X Moto feels lighter but then it is shorter - at 6'2" I can almost flat foot it.

Archived