IGNORED

Tuono enters Witness Protection Program as Mille

David

side3.jpg

The Tuono was purchased mainly as a track bike, and as I've grown more and more accustomed to a sport bike riding position, the more I've been eyeing the idea of dropping the bars on the Tuono. So, you ask, "Why the hell didn't you just buy a Mille in the first place?" Well, that's a good question. smile.gif If I had to do it all over again, I might very well do that. But converting a Tuono into a Mille is a whole lot cheaper than selling one bike and buying another. Besides, the engine, frame, brakes--pretty much everything are the same. And I really, really love this bike. It's so freakin' rideable, has great suspension and frame, and the engine is really a reliable powerplant with an awesome torque curve. Wide open onto a straight you can't hear yourself think from the intake howl alone. Nevermind the full Ti exhaust from stem to stern.

This mod required a new brake line from the Mille ($140) and OEM clip-ons from the '01-04 Mille, at $300 for the pair. Everything else stayed the same, including the triple clamp.

So I present you more shots of a Tuono cloked as a Mille:

dash.jpg

front.jpg

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

lawnchairboy

beauty:

Mr. Code gonna let you ride your aprilia or do we keep kawa happy and ride green when we are instructing?

see you at barber soon.

chris

a Tuono cloked as a Mille

Maybe it's the camera angles, but it looks a lot more like a Tuono with clipons.

a Tuono cloked as a Mille

Maybe it's the camera angles, but it looks a lot more like a Tuono with clipons.

You're a very funny man.

I'm guessing, anyway. I haven't actually seen that for a fact, but it seems likely. tongue.gif

Archived