IGNORED

? How do I get my dash clock out of military time mode ??

chat_vmax

I have a 2004 R1150RT and my dash clock displays in 24 hour military time mode,, can I put it in 12 hour mode...?

There are 2 buttons on the boddom,, i can set it there but i cannot figure out how to get it in 12 hr mode...

Thanks

You shouldn't wave.gif

After all military time is the right time!

AND while we are at it today's date is 20070526

I have a 2004 R1150RT and my dash clock displays in 24 hour military time mode,, can I put it in 12 hour mode...?

There are 2 buttons on the boddom,, i can set it there but i cannot figure out how to get it in 12 hr mode...

Thanks

Wear a wrist watch,so you have both available. smile.gif

Between 1300 hrs (1 pm) and 2400 hrs (Midnight) subtract 12 hours to get REMF (Civilian) time.

That is all. Carry on.

26 May 2007

thumbsup.gif

Look here

I don't know if it is worth the trouble or not.

I ssem to remember reading that the R-RT has a different clock chip, so you are stuck with having time in the Euro format.

Andy

wbrissette

First off, that's not called military time, that's ISO time, or just the way almost every other country tells time except for the US and parts of Canada. However, international time is used in many places within the US now because it's much easier to deal with and there are no mistakes as to when something happened. Hospitals use it, a lot of production places use it (I use it when I'm filling out sound reports because often I run over the midnight mark).

Europe is firmly attached to the world revolving around the sun in 24 hours, so they use it heavily. Unfortunately for people not use to the 24 clock, it can take getting use to (kind of like the metric system). But once you start using it, it's not all that hard to remember what time it is. If my 8 YO daughter can tell me that 1730 means it's time to pack up and go home, I'm sure you can learn to subtract 12 from the number and then add post meridiem (P.M.) to your numbers. And of course the good news is that ante meridiem (A.M.) numbers are done for you.

But as others have pointed out, there is no easy way to get the RT clock out of the ISO mode.

Wayne

First off, that's not called military time, that's ISO time, or just the way almost every other country tells time except for the US and parts of Canada. However, international time is used in many places within the US now because it's much easier to deal with and there are no mistakes as to when something happened. Hospitals use it, a lot of production places use it (I use it when I'm filling out sound reports because often I run over the midnight mark).

Europe is firmly attached to the world revolving around the sun in 24 hours, so they use it heavily. Unfortunately for people not use to the 24 clock, it can take getting use to (kind of like the metric system). But once you start using it, it's not all that hard to remember what time it is. If my 8 YO daughter can tell me that 1730 means it's time to pack up and go home, I'm sure you can learn to subtract 12 from the number and then add post meridiem (P.M.) to your numbers. And of course the good news is that ante meridiem (A.M.) numbers are done for you.

But as others have pointed out, there is no easy way to get the RT clock out of the ISO mode.

Wayne

So much for asking a simple question.

The term Military Time is not necessarily wrong....

according to Wiki

Wait a minute!!

This whole time I thought it was set for GMT.

You mean I can set it for local time?

Boy! what will those German engineers think of next.

Wait a minute!!

This whole time I thought it was set for GMT.

You mean I can set it for local time?

Boy! what will those German engineers think of next.

Why would German engineers use GMT?

This whole thing with the clock is just another example of BMW arrogance and ignoring what their customers want. I use a 12 hour clock, I see no reason to do otherwise, I know when it is morning or afternoon by looking at the sky. When was the last time you mixed up 2am and 2pm?

Death to the Metric system! Death to the Decimal system!

You shouldn't wave.gif

After all military time is the right time!

AND while we are at it today's date is 20070526

In English it's 27/05/07 - life is just so confusing sometimes ! dopeslap.gif

Death to the Metric system! Death to the Decimal system!

Gooood luck convincing the vast majority of the rest of the world.

Look here

I don't know if it is worth the trouble or not.

Sorry, that procedure only works on the R1100RT clocks, and only some of the early ones at that. Late R1100RT and all R1150RT clocks were different, and as mentioned cannot be changed to the nonstandard ( grin.gif) "12-hour" format.
Joe Frickin' Friday
Between 1300 hrs (1 pm) and 2400 hrs (Midnight) subtract 12 hours to get REMF (Civilian) time.

Sometimes requires a think or two to do this. FWIW I set my clock 12 hours off, i.e. at 7:00 AM, the RID clock reads 19:00. I generally do most of my riding in the afternoon/evening, so this way the clock is easy to read most of the time.

FlyingFinn

FWIW I set my clock 12 hours off, i.e. at 7:00 AM, the RID clock reads 19:00. I generally do most of my riding in the afternoon/evening, so this way the clock is easy to read most of the time.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

--

Mikko

You are riding a German bike, so get used to the way Europeans display time.... a 24 hour clock, and a dot instead of a colon betweem hours and minutes.

Jerry Johnston

Actually I think it was for the K series back in the early nineties. I did the process on my 93K-RT. I have a 96RT1100 and it's a different chip.

Just be glad you've got a clock of any kind.

Most bikes don't have one, and digging into your gauntlet-covered jacket sleeve to inspect a wristwatch while riding is a really bad idea.

Baba_ORiley

Getting rid of the 24hr clock? What's next? Switching out all the fasteners on the bike from metric to English?

That is all. Carry on.

26 May 2007

thumbsup.gif

Just subtract 2

I thought that was:

"I would rather have a free bottle in front of me rather than a pre-frontal lobotomy".

grin.gif

After riding a GS for several years I ended up on an R1100S for some reason the time on the RID was on a twelve hour clock. Part of the reason I sold it and bought my RT! wink.gif

I thought that was:

"I would rather have a free bottle in front of me rather than a pre-frontal lobotomy".

grin.gif

"Free is good" and I'm pretty sure that any kind of "labotamy" is bad ..bad..bad.

That's what they've been telling us at "the home" anyway. crazy.gifeek.gifgrin.gif

Theophilus

Wayne

As long as we are correcting folk, let's understand that the earth does not revolve around the sun once every 24 hours, but rather once every (approximately) 365.25 days. The earth rotates about its own axis once every 24 hours.

If my 8 YO daughter can tell me that 1730 means it's time to pack up and go home, I'm sure you can learn to subtract 12 from the number and then add post meridiem (P.M.) to your numbers. And of course the good news is that ante meridiem (A.M.) numbers are done for you.

Well, I know some folks may argue the logic but, I always remember it this way:

If you get the post meridiem and ante meridiem numbers and divide by the derivative of f(x)= sin dy/dz where y = Arc tan a/x and Greenwich Mean Time is a constant, you simply get the local time.

Of course, sometimes I cheat and look at my gps.

grin.gif

Wayne

As long as we are correcting folk, let's understand that the earth does not revolve around the sun once every 24 hours, but rather once every (approximately) 365.25 days. The earth rotates about its own axis once every 24 hours.

Ha HAAA too SHAY! clap.gif

Everyone's got an opinion....and opinions are like a-holes...everyone's got one, but we don't necessarily need to hear them!

I think he wanted to know if and how to change the mode. Not why he should or shouldn't.

Just MY opinion!

BigAL

Slyder_Steve

Wayne

Ha HAAA too SHAY! clap.gif

Everyone's got an opinion....and opinions are like a-holes...everyone's got one, but we don't necessarily need to hear them!

I think he wanted to know if and how to change the mode. Not why he should or shouldn't.

Just MY opinion!

BigAL

Okay, we've idenitified that a front end replacement is required to make the later RTs show a 12-hour clock grin.gif...and since we're time-bashing, I propose we all switch to Zulu time. Think of the savings, no more changing clocks for daylight savings time, no more changing clocks when we cross random state lines and I, for one, could get used to having breakfast at 1400hrs!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Steve lurker.gif

Archived