IGNORED

Chippewa or other boot to help reach ground

bmwdavid

I am looking for the chippewa model that everyone was referring to when they were recomending a good boot to help reach the ground on their 1200rt. Any other boots that can be recomended would be helpful. I would love to find something comfortable which would als give me more height and reach.

They are the "73045" which are the insulated logger. Very very comfortable but a little heavy. Truely a great boot. Even though they arn't "waterproof", I rode 6 hours in a heavy rain on an RT and didn't get my feet wet. Probably cannot walk in a stream however. They may make a waterproof version as well as a steal toed version. FYI,

johnlt

I bought the 73050s (similar to the 73045s) and I had to return them. They hurtmy feet way too much and I had a hard time fitting them under the shifter on my 1150rt.

I found good prices at bootbay.com. They matched another store's price and their service was good.

Harley Davidson makes a few models of which you seek after. I hear HD makes fairly decent boots. Of course, they don't look like logger boots. tongue.gif

Check out Daytona Mstar boots. They are specifically designed to give you more reach to the ground. They are pricey but they look good. Just to be clear I don't have a pair but I am considering them.

ChrisRappl

+1 on the Frey Daytona M-stars. I had to get over the sticker shock at first, but now, after a few thousand miles I'd say they are, by far, the best boots I've ever owned. I did have to adjust the shift lever up to its maximum position and the toe still doesn't quite slide under without consciously tilting my foot. Suburban Machinery's footpeg lowering kit would solve the problem, but since I am lowering the ride height by 1 1/2" I don't know if there would be enough clearence left to also lower the pegs.

Thanks for the replies. I bought a pair of chippewa 73026 uninsulated but lined pair of boots. They are 9.5 inches tall including the 2" heel. The toe easliy goes under the shifter of my 1200rt and they were very comfortable right out of the box. Also helped my reach to the ground quite a bit with my new Russell seat.

Archived