IGNORED

Chinook Pass

BMWTrekker

BMWTrekker

Chinook Pass opened today! Left Seattle at 11:00am, 167 to Enumclaw, 410 into Mt. Rainier Park, roads clear and dry, NO traffic, didn't see one RV! Snowbanks at summit were over 10 feet, sunshine, 65 degrees. Down 410 to Nachees, and back via the Canyon Road north of Ellensburg, and home via I90. Windy on I90, sunny, tons of traffic coming OUT of Seattle for the weekend, it will be a ghost town this weekend. 300 miles of bliss! Great way to spend a Thursday!

bmurphypdx

Last week I did I-90 through Ellensburg twice (eastbound then west). The wind was pushing me and the semi's all over the road. I'm planning a ride through there on Monday with a pillion - can you describe the wind you experienced there, the day and the time of day? Thanks.

Thanks for the ride report. I'm thinking of heading that direction to John Day ( Ranier/Chinook ). I love the Canyon Rd. w/the Yakima River flowing through it, the green hills in Spring and the drift boats floating downstream...., the only minus sometimes is the speed tax collectors that love to patrol it thumbsup.gif

Agree re Canyon Rd. Unfortunately, it was closed last Sunday when I tried to take it as I was coming back from the Gorge/Yakima. Didn't have a chance to ask the deputies why as they waved traffic onto the slab instead. Am sure whatever it was was probably temporary

Archived