IGNORED

No one has the new Safari bag made by Jesse

texasaggie97

texasaggie97

I was wanting to know if any one has purchased the new sabble bags he has created and no one responded. That has to be a first.

I wanted to know what you think about the new quick disconnect and are the new Safari bags as good of a product as the past bags they have built. He only has them out right now for the 1200GS but he told me he should have them ready for the 1150GS this summer and I want to know what you all though before I purchased a set.

Thanks for your time guys.

thumbsup.giflurker.gif

I emailed them through their web site months ago, inquiring about those bags. Never got a response. I guess they don't want my money badly enough.

Friend of mine in Calif has had them on his 12GS for a few weeks. He likes them so far and said that lane-spliting with them is tight, still the safari bags are somewhat narrower than the handlebars. If you need the capacity they afford, I would go with them - if you don't like them, there being such high demand you shouldn't see too much loss in a resale. If I still had a GS I would install them.

texasaggie97

They responed to me and said they would put me on a waiting list. It took them two weeks to respond to me. Well I hope you get a chance to try them out. Well have a great weekend. Let me know if you get a set I am really intrested to see what people think.

THanks

Marty Hill

They answer the phone in less than a minute. They even have an 800 #. I am assuming that most of us have a phone.

texasaggie97

Marty,

Great point. I have to admit it is pretty crazy how we rely on the internet.

Thanks for the wake up call

Todd

Below taken from their site, directly ABOVE their email address....

Contact Information & About The Company and Al Jesse

General Information: Please call if you have a specific question.

By Mail or Phone

N 33° 32.876'

W 112° 13.094'

Jesse Luggage Systems

7309 W. Carole Lane

Glendale, Arizona 85303

Telephone: 623.878.7113

Fax: 623.931.3376

Note: Due to the volume of email and difficulties caused by SPAM blocking:

Please DO NOT rely on email as your only way to contact us!

It may take from 3-7 days OR LONGER(!) for a personal response.

If you need/want a quicker reply PLEASE CALL US INSTEAD. Thanks.

yellojakit

After the recent Torrey rally last week I noticed a slight defect on my odyssey jesse bag hinge for my dakar. I decided to visit Jesse's factory in Glendale since I have a home in Scottsdale to see if they could fix it quickly. Jesse himself, nice guy, came out and introduced himself. He did his magic and the bag hinge works great. During my time there Jesse showed me his Safari saddle bag set-up, and I was truly impressed. If you opt for the 11.5 inch Safari bags you'll have to get a muffler lowering kit. However, the 10 inch Safari bag option does not require the kit. The bags are durable as can be and both include the "quick click" release system. They come in silver, charcoal, and black. Although the 11.5 in Safari bags are wider than the standard odyssey bags, they are tapered below more inward, thus reducing the chance of scraping. They're awesome in that the right saddle bag holds 2 helmets and the left 1. These new bags are not only very practical for the long distance touring, but the "quick click" system will offer other optional future applications of interchangeable mounting brackets. For instance you may see anthing from a milk carton bracket to a soft bag bracket. Utlimately, the "quick click" system will offer an array of multiple fastening possiblities for your bike. In addition its supposed to be rated at around 3000 lbs on the strength test. I'm getting the 11.5 inch version for my 12gs once my odyssey bags are sold...

After the recent Torrey rally last week I noticed a slight defect on my odyssey jesse bag hinge for my dakar. I decided to visit Jesse's factory in Glendale since I have a home in Scottsdale to see if they could fix it quickly. Jesse himself, nice guy, came out and introduced himself. He did his magic and the bag hinge works great. During my time there Jesse showed me his Safari saddle bag set-up, and I was truly impressed. If you opt for the 11.5 inch Safari bags you'll have to get a muffler lowering kit. However, the 10 inch Safari bag option does not require the kit. The bags are durable as can be and both include the "quick click" release system. They come in silver, charcoal, and black. Although the 11.5 in Safari bags are wider than the standard odyssey bags, they are tapered below more inward, thus reducing the chance of scraping. They're awesome in that the right saddle bag holds 2 helmets and the left 1. These new bags are not only very practical for the long distance touring, but the "quick click" system will offer other optional future applications of interchangeable mounting brackets. For instance you may see anthing from a milk carton bracket to a soft bag bracket. Utlimately, the "quick click" system will offer an array of multiple fastening possiblities for your bike. In addition its supposed to be rated at around 3000 lbs on the strength test. I'm getting the 11.5 inch version for my 12gs once my odyssey bags are sold...
on their site, they mention a Safari top box. did you get a chance to see one?

Archived