IGNORED

My 1st Group Ride with BMWRT - And it's MAYhem

TyTass

Thanks Sandy for posting some pics here. After a bit of testing (on the proper thread) I believe I can now successfully load mine. You guys really shouldn’t have left it up to me to get pics online. This is my first ride/pic posting as well as my first group ride though it wasn’t too much of a group (more like a small band of thieves!). Here goes from a Newbie who spent most of his time watching you guys from on high (meaning I saw my "group" riding off the mountain while I was still a ways up itcrazy.gif).

Day 0 - I got cited on the way the very moment I tried to put some distance between myself and a road ragin' cager. A very understanding patrolman reduced the citation to "Failure to obey traffic sign". Could have been MUCH worse!

Day 1 - MAYhem in the Rain! Very few attendees: Chris (ChrisNYC a.k.a Tender Vittles - funny story that), Pete (pfb), Eric (unkn), Keith (OoPEZoO) & his pillion Danielle, Jim ((Curry) (local morning guide), and me. Also in attendence but who rode to D.C. were Greg (frmly Buck - now Keith's Hero) and Candy. We rode for less than 100 miles in unrelenting showers, low visibility, surprisingly low temps, some bike with new tires, some bikes with old tire ... whatever ... we were disappointed so we headed back to the motel. We were joined at the hotel and at dinner by James (Jbr7t) who missed the rainy group ride - and had to ride back home that evening for Sat shift at fire station. No pictures because, well, no one wanted to take any.

Day 2 - Despite wx reports of rain & thunderstorms, it started and ended with beautiful wx. Chris was leaving for home first thing as were Greg and Candy, Keith & Danielle planned a leisurely day at Skyline Drive (so they thought), but we gained Dave (Dave Sawyer) and Sandy (capecodbeemer).

155077994-M.jpg

^Pre-ride Meet & Greet. L-R: Peter, Eric, Jim, Dave, and Sandy.

155060166-M.jpg

^Keith chatting it up just before HES failure (after we leave, of course).

155060423-M.jpg

^Sandy and Peter syncing their Zumo's so we won't get lost!

155060662-M.jpg

^We're lost and Dave has to step in to solve the dilemma by saying, "I'll take the lead!" wink.gif

155061273-M.jpg

^Eric smilin' 'cause we're gettin' back on the move again.

155061480-M.jpg

^Pete takes a moment to inhale a banana with Dave watching intently. I too was enthralled and could scarcely

hold the camera still as my loins were all a-quiver!wink.gif

155081891-M.jpg

^Eric continuously rearranged the flowers in the centerpiece. We would have been annoyed but for the fact

he actually improved the decor of the joint and the asthetic of our meal. Peter was however unimpressed.

155081366-M.jpg

^The bright becon of light in the center of the shot is my head reflecting the sun. blush.gif Thankfully, Peter (the

one behind the camera) put a sun filter on my camera to prevent damage due to the intense light.

155080878-M.jpg

^Our destination - Seneca Rocks. Riding sweep and not know by which route we were going I was sure we

were never going to get there. Every half hour or so I would catch up to the guys (only because they kindly

awaited me at each change of road) and they would assure me we were indeed going the right way. I s'pose

I should pay attention during the Pre-ride Route Planning Phase next time (if there was one). crazy.gif

155126067-M.jpg

^So all-in-all, we drove 350 miles to find Seneca Rocks. crazy.gif We found it by way of about 8 mountains to cross

and a bazillion squiggly roads. So, Day 2 didn't suck, that's for certain!thumbsup.gif

155080682-M.jpg

^I broke off from the group to look up an old friend where she works. Really nice place with excellent food.

Seriously, I highly recommend it - it's called River'd Inn.

155059499-M.jpg

^A low bridge over a branch of the Shenandoah is the only way in or out of the Inn ... River'd Inn! grin.gif (And

no, the footprints are not mine but a flyfisherman ... well er, uh ... flyfisherperson actually.)

155079329-M.jpg

^What a view! thumbsup.gif

Day 3 - Everyone goes home - well except Sandy and Paul who just showed up to find no one to ride with! Of course that doesn't bother him in the least and he's quickly on his way to hit most of the roads we did the day before. As for me, my ride home was 320 miles instead of the direct 180 with some mountain twisties thrown in for good measure. Yeah, I'm learnin'.

See ya'll at UN in WVA! Can't wait! wave.gif

Nice dude.......I should hopefully be able to get our pics up before the weekend, but we'll see. I have a lot of work to do on my bike before I feel comfortable commuting on it, and that comes first. Not to mention the yard work that was neglected by our little adventure over the weekend grin.gif.

Well I had a great weekend riding with all you guys. Saturday was just fantastic.

Thanks to Dave for taking over. The short of it is that I am quite the newbie( or is that Nuvi) to the GPS thing. I had the route given by another member in the planning section. When we rounded the corner and the road was closed I was sunk.

The original picture Craig took was really of me talking to my GPS ala Scotty in

Star Trek IV – see below.

scotty_mac.jpg

Craig - who I suspect to be a photoshop expert and who would not admit it when

Pressed – changed the original into this.

155061480-M.jpg

Again it was great meeting everyone and I look forward to my next BMWST event.

... Thanks to Dave for taking over. The short of it is that I am quite the newbie( or is that Nuvi) to the GPS thing. I had the route given by another member in the planning section. When we rounded the corner and the road was closed I was sunk.

Peter you were an excellent leader! thumbsup.gif I doubt I'll fare any better when I get my GPS.

The original picture Craig took was really of me talking to my GPS ala Scotty in Star Trek IV – see below.

No doubt! lmao.giflmao.gif

Craig - who I suspect to be a photoshop expert and who would not admit it when pressed – changed the original into this.

I'm not a Photoshop expert! And I didn't need to change a thing. BTW: If you ever want a career field change, might I suggest sword swallowing? lmao.gif

Archived