IGNORED

Lurker No More... New to Me K1200S

clint64

Well at last I am a lurker no more. I have really enjoyed my Aprilia since 2001 but have had the itch for some time. Went on several test rides from Triumph to BMW and everything in between and at last made up my mind. Now to find a good deal. Well the deal came along quicker than I expected. Found a new to me BMW K1200S that a Harley rider could not come to terms with. Collected the bike yesterday and rode it home. Now have to wait on getting insurance and registration sorted for a proper ride.

Clint,

Congratulations! I did the same 10 days (and 1000+ miles) ago, though I moved from an 1150RT to the KS. You will find that the KS is an awsome bike that is a pleasure to ride and comfortable, too. I've never been on a bike that corners like the KS.

Enjoy and ride safe.

peterh thumbsup.gif

Congrats on the new S.

I set mine up for touring and have been happy with it in that roll. She's a big girl, but if you are willing to use some proper body posistion, she does handle well. Very stable and confidence inspiring.

I see a radar detector in your future. Do it sooner than later grin.gif

I'd love you hear your opinions on the swap from the Aprilla when you've ridden the K bike for a bit.

Well at last I am a lurker no more. I have really enjoyed my Aprilia since 2001 but have had the itch for some time. Went on several test rides from Triumph to BMW and everything in between and at last made up my mind. Now to find a good deal. Well the deal came along quicker than I expected. Found a new to me BMW K1200S that a Harley rider could not come to terms with. Collected the bike yesterday and rode it home. Now have to wait on getting insurance and registration sorted for a proper ride.
I'd love you hear your opinions on the swap from the Aprilla when you've ridden the K bike for a bit.

Will do. I have a few thoughts already. I can already say the K bike is much nicer to ride on the expressways. Look forward to a weekend ride in the N GA mountains over the holidays to get a complete comparison.

Clint

Archived