IGNORED

Another Autocom earplug question.

mikeR1100R

mikeR1100R

I just got a pair of ER6i in-ear speakers and purchased part # 1187 from Autocom to plug them in. My question is, what do you do with the original Autocom speakers? Can I just cut them off? If I like the ER6i's, I doubt if I'll ever use the original speakers again. Silly question, perhaps, but this little situation never occurred to me until I actually went out to the bike to hook everything up.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Slyder_Steve

Mike,

You can cut them off or just leave them--your choice. If you leave them, you'll have speakers for one of those short trips where you might not bother with the ER-6's.

My question is, what do you do with the original Autocom speakers? Can I just cut them off?
Mike, why would you "cut them off" when they unplug from the headset. Maybe that is what you meant, dunno. Just unplug them, or if they do not interfere with helmet wearing, leave them in place.

Hi Mike,

My speakers didn't have a quick disconnect on them. Didn't make much sense to me as I have the current Super AVi setup. I ended up cutting them with enough tail at both ends so that I could always solder back later. Some have suggested sealing the end with heat shrink but I didn't do that and haven't had any problems.

Cheers!

mikeR1100R

What SAMSAR said. I have no quick-connect for my original speakers. I do plan to keep them connected at least for a while. I used the ER6i's for about an hour today. They work great, but are more complicated to use than the original Autocom speakers. I'll keep trying them out and getting used to my new in-ear speakers.

Thanks,

Mike.

Don't cut.. leave alone.

One day your ER6 may fail and you'll have a back up.

For just quick around towns, I use them and leave the ER6 out. Also, on multi-day trips- I like being able to put ear plugs in to have a change of feel. Not as good a sound, just a change.

bakerzdosen

I cut them off with the intent of installing quick-disconnects one of these days. Until that day arrives, the Ety's work great.

Archived