IGNORED

R100RT tankbag

Wyn

Looking for the best tankbag for Nubb. Is there a magnetic where the magnet is in front and rear? Most bags I see are side to side and of course won't work on plastic.

Thanks in advance.

ISYHTRAH

Jerry Johnston

Do you mean R1100 because all the airheads I've owned had metal tanks. I had a magnetic tank bag scratch the heck out of one of my airheads. I had set it down on a work bench and it picked up a piece of wire that I hadn't noticed until too late.

So gimme a dopeslap! dopeslap.gif

It's a miss print. I have an 98 R1100RT. Forgot the extra 1. May we start again?

ISYHTRAH

Also look at SW Motech and Marsee Corona . They don't touch the paint, remove easily for gassing up, and don't leave as obtrusive a mount on your tank when the bag is removed as the Big Mak. The Big Mak is very nice, I have one and am pleased. I spent some time machining replacement mounting bolts to make it easier to remove the platen when not using the tank bag. While the flip up to fill is nice, if you install a BMR shelf or mount electronics in front of the dash, the bag will no longer stay flipped up, making fueling less convenient. If I were buying a bag today, I'd be looking at one of the other alternatives.

Archived