IGNORED

Motorcycle Lust

HappyMan

My signature says "Future Ducati Owner" and I must confess to some very serious lust over all Ducatis. The longer I wait the worse it is. Even if I could buy one tomorrow I don't know which one I'd buy anymore. I really wanted an ST3 but the Hypermotorad screams "Buy ME!". Today I stopped in at the local Duc shop to buy my son some riding pants and I felt like my heart was going be torn from my chest. It hurt so bad. Everywhere I looked there was another one I just had to have. Then I came across the Sport Monoposto and I still feel like a school boy who's fallen in love at first sight and can't wait till I can see her again! Oh the agony!! dopeslap.gif There must be a local support group somewhere.....

861321-BlackBeauty.jpg.360a50228eb2666eb74459269b9a137a.jpg

Nothing like a Ducati. For many, the experience is taken to another level or dimension. Sorry this post doesn't help your immediate situation cool.gif.

I think I really neeeeeed this bike. It's only fair to have a fun little bike for around town isn't it? Today was the first time I've ever questioned how beautiful my Beemer is....suddenly it seemed old. I don't want to get rid of her I just think she needs a playmate to keep her company. However, I just tried to talk my wife into letting me by a used KTM for my dirt riding and that didn't get further than the front door. I don't think lusting after a new street bike is gonna fly.... bncry.gif

John, that's one awesome lookin' bike! BTW, they look great in RED too! The local BMW dealer just happens to be a Duc dealer so there's always SOMETHING to lust after. dopeslap.gif

Understand your pain. Have been lusting after a second bike. Got the ok from the wife, all I need now is the money to pay for it. With a kid in college got to watch my $$$. Maybe after the first of the year.

It seems that many BMW owners also have an Italian connection in the garage and I'm one of them. I wish I could offer you some assistance but all my money now goes into two BMW's and a Duc and, of course, the 40+ year old money pit where I reside. frown.gif

Here's a photo taken on a group ride this past Monday at the Deckers General Store in Deckers, CO. Two of the riders including myself also own Beemers.

Have you ever heard a Duc with aftermarket cans? It's like sex in your ears. grin.gif

May152007download001.jpg

This one belongs to a riding buddy and aside from my 907 it's my favorite.

May152007download002.jpg

You know, you don't NEED to buy a new Duc!! It's easy to find a nice eight to ten year old Duc for between $4 and $5K.

I've heard that you've got to put after market cans on them. There's nothing like the sound of a Duc! I like 'em in red too. I've attached a red one that caught my attention on the Ducati site.

861501-ClassicSport.jpg.ef9dbe0d869db926fac05f91ebadedc0.jpg

W. Mazelin

On another recent thread (fav. You Tube vids.) I saw the MCN clip for the Hypermotard, now that created some LUST!

Jerry_75_Guy

You are not my friend!....why did I have to look at that photo tongue.gif

...and here I was, thinking how happily rounded out my 'stable' was with my RT and VFR. I've never had much interest in naked bikes, but that black Duc is a piece of art!; I love it!

Sadly, my garage is full, and being a student (again) my wallet is empty frown.gif

My wallet always seems to be empty with four kids and a bad habit of wanton lust for motorcycles! I've looked at pics of the classics before but they never stirred me. But then I saw it in the show room and it really struck me! I love it!!

My signature says "Future Ducati Owner" and I must confess to some very serious lust over all Ducatis. The longer I wait the worse it is. Even if I could buy one tomorrow I don't know which one I'd buy anymore. I really wanted an ST3 but the Hypermotorad screams "Buy ME!". Today I stopped in at the local Duc shop to buy my son some riding pants and I felt like my heart was going be torn from my chest. It hurt so bad. Everywhere I looked there was another one I just had to have. Then I came across the Sport Monoposto and I still feel like a school boy who's fallen in love at first sight and can't wait till I can see her again! Oh the agony!! dopeslap.gif There must be a local support group somewhere.....

Hang out here for a while http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php,

I did and learned a lot. I even got to the point of going to a dealership, checkbook in hand, ready to buy a new S4rs. The bike (with a full Termi exhaust) came out to about $19000. I saw several of the same model, also on the board, not able to to fetch $14000 with few miles and in some cases, much added bling. I put down a deposit on a R1200S as a direct result (just like my avatar). I've also always had a lust for Ducatis but I'll wait a while longer and maybe pick up an used one. Good luck, I know just where you're coming from.... wave.gif

John, I'll try to help you with your lust issues:

You don't want a Ducati, they're too temperamental. I owned a Ducati Multistrada for several years and it was always falling apart despite the fact that it was brand new. Mirrors vibrated loose and flapped around in the breeze, Rubber Speedo mounts broke repeatedly (might have had something to do with wheelies wink.gif), and the fuel injection was always a little off, causing the bike to cut out frequently while idling. There were always little things breaking or going wrong on the bike. My BMW K12R Sport by contrast has been the posterbike for reliability. I'm loving it.

All that being said, they do have a lovely exhaust note. (And, I might have just had a lemon.)

Hang out here for a while http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php,

I did and learned a lot. I even got to the point of going to a dealership, checkbook in hand, ready to buy a new S4rs. The bike (with a full Termi exhaust) came out to about $19000. I saw several of the same model, also on the board, not able to to fetch $14000 with few miles and in some cases, much added bling. I put down a deposit on a R1200S as a direct result (just like my avatar). I've also always had a lust for Ducatis but I'll wait a while longer and maybe pick up an used one. Good luck, I know just where you're coming from.... wave.gif

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout! Support!!

I have no doubt that a Beemer is a better bike.....I don't think I'll ever love a bike more than my RT. The Duc is pure lust. Lust is funny that way though. Sometimes unrequited love is a powerful thing. dopeslap.gif

I have no doubt that a Beemer is a better bike.....I don't think I'll ever love a bike more than my RT.

I thought the same thing before I bought my Multi.. grin.gif

No lemons here. Just fun mile after mile. 20k miles in a year and a half and it still runs great.

I have no doubt that a Beemer is a better bike.....I don't think I'll ever love a bike more than my RT.

No lemons here. Just fun mile after mile. 20k miles in a year and a half and it still runs great.

Boy! Your no help at at all! dopeslap.gif

I'm still fairly new around here but from what I've read this place would be about the LAST forum I'd be lookin' to for help with "Motorcycle Lust"! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif
I'm still fairly new around here but from what I've read this place would be about the LAST forum I'd be lookin' to for help with "Motorcycle Lust"! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Most definitely! If I truly wanted help this would not be the place. However, fuel for my addiction is always welcomed! thumbsup.gif Now, where can I put that new poster....

Sorry grin.gif

Put it this way, even my wife understands the passion I have for my bike. But I only feel that way for the Multi and not the 748 so you gotta pick the one that speaks to you.

Good luck and make sure you post pictures when you get one... grin.gif

james

Sorry grin.gif

Put it this way, even my wife understands the passion I have for my bike. But I only feel that way for the Multi and not the 748 so you gotta pick the one that speaks to you.

Good luck and make sure you post pictures when you get one... grin.gif

james

My son and I went shopping at the Ducati dealer today. The good news is he talked me out of the Classic. The bad news is he also talked me out of the Monster. He really liked the Multi. Hands down with him. I've always liked the Multi Strada but it wasn't entirely what I was looking for. Everyone I've talked with that has one loves 'em. Is there a big difference between the 1100 and the 695? I like the thought of the smaller bike since it's probably the bike my son would start off on when he starts riding street bikes. There are some killer prices on 06 models as well as used ones out there. The lower the price the closer I'm getting to the bike. thumbsup.gif

Archived