IGNORED

Sargeant seats for R1200RT

bmwdavid

I recently posted with questions about finding a comfortable lower seat for my bike. Tried Rick Mayer, Russell. Has anyone tried both the lower version of the sargeant and the regular version? Is there a big difference in comfort between the two? I would think the low version is lower because it has much less padding and wouldn't be comfortable. Rick Mayer seat was o.k but staples were protruding thru the leather. Russell seat is too tall but mostly having trouble because the wings dig into my butt when trying to put feet down.

ChrisRappl

I had a Sargent low seat on my R1100RT and it was OK. I rode cross-country a few times and didn't have any real comfort issues. This was the older version without the storage tube underneath. I now have a Russell Day-Long on my R1200RT that I asked to be built as low as possible without sacrificing comfort. After I lower the suspension, I hope that it will be the perfect setup for me.

I recently posted with questions about finding a comfortable lower seat for my bike. Tried Rick Mayer, Russell. Has anyone tried both the lower version of the sargeant and the regular version? Is there a big difference in comfort between the two? I would think the low version is lower because it has much less padding and wouldn't be comfortable. Rick Mayer seat was o.k but staples were protruding thru the leather. Russell seat is too tall but mostly having trouble because the wings dig into my butt when trying to put feet down.

My experience was that I started with a low stock seat. It was fine for reach, but horrible for comfort. Then I tried the low Sargent. It was worse for reach, and if you can imagine, much worse for comfort. It was hard as a rock, but not because it had no padding. And, the wings, as you say, "dug into my butt". I sent it back within my 30 day period, and ordered a Rick Mayer, specifying I could not be any higher...haven't given the seat a thought since! thumbsup.gif If you have an issue with a seat made by Rick Mayer, he will fix it till you are happy.

Good luck,

Lynne

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to lower it on a bike with ESA?

I (and some other on this board) have been talking with Works Performance Products,Inc. They now have available custom shocks that are compatible with the ESA.

"Front $469.00 plus $25.00 for installation of OEM eye.

"Rear $649.00 plus $75.00 for installation of the eyes and preloader."

I currently have a low Sargents seat on my RT after having tried the low stock, Corbin, and the Russell which is still in the closet. My fanny did not experience much difference in comfort until I tried an Alaska sheepskin. Best 40 bucks I've spent as my fanny now doesn't really care which seat I use.

Bill

Archived