IGNORED

Where to put Aerostich?

ScooterCop

ScooterCop

I just got my 2 piece Aerostich and love it. The only problem I have is where to put it when I get off the bike someplace other than home or work where I have a locker. It is too big to put in the 40L Hepco topcase that I have.

What do you guys do?

Let me get this straight...

You're asking us to tell you where to stick it??? eek.gifeek.gifeek.giftongue.gif

While I don't wear an Aerostich, my answer is that the suit goes with me.

Another option is to get a cable and padlock. Run the cable through the sleeves or pant legs and secure to bike. I have heard of cables being cut to get the gear though.

get the suspenders and wear the pants in to a restaurant etc on a short stop. take the jacket off and carry it in.

For those longish stops, I leave the gear on the seat and cover my bike. The cover only takes about a minute to take on and off. Outa sight, outa mind. This has worked for me for years. BTW, I don't park my bike and gear in metro areas or bad neighborhoods. YMMV of course.

russell_bynum
Are you sure it won't fit? My one-piece will fit in either side case with a little "encouragement".

+1

Honestly, that was just too much of a hassle. Plus, with the Tuono that isn't an option anyway. So...I ordered a couple of pairs of handcuffs from a police supply place, and I just cuff the 'stitch to the bike (handlebars work well on the Tuono and Lisa's RS). I figure it's secure enough.

FlyingFinn

They even make special handcuffs that come with nice soft liner to avoid damaging the Stich.

I use a pair of these...

furry-handcuffsbig.jpg

--

Mikko

It is too big to put in the 40L Hepco topcase that I have. confused.gif

What do you guys do?

I shove mine in the 31L pannier.

Lineareagle

I use, used bncry.gif a small 1/8" SS aviation cable about 5 feet long, permanently attached to the frame on one end and a loop on the other, as mentioned through the sleeves and legs and the lock in plain view.

The aviation cable is pretty tough to cut, not impossible, but deters the opportunist shopper.

Never a problem even in Toronto the good. wink.gif

The real thief will get what he wants no matter what. My brother returned to find one of his carbs missing from his bike!

My 2-piece was a PITA to store until I washed it a couple times and it saw a year or so of use. Now it stuffs into the pannier - with a good amount of attention to how I roll it up. If my stop is short or if I am in a decent area, I just leave it on the seat. Not many people would think to steal a butt-ugly yellow suit and try to sell it on that expanding underground stich' market. thumbsup.gif

Archived