IGNORED

V46 Give Box - DIRECTIONS MISPLACED HELP !!!

jrlunsford

jrlunsford

I've just purchased a V46 Givi Box and my directions for installing it seems to have just got legs and walked off. PLEASE can anyone help me ? bncry.gifbncry.gifdopeslap.gif

it must have come with some brackets right >???

Just move the brackets around and see what holes they line up with.

Then remove those bolts and install said brackets.

I bet you knew that already tongue.gif

I've just purchased a V46 Givi Box and my directions for installing it seems to have just got legs and walked off. PLEASE can anyone help me ? bncry.gifbncry.gifdopeslap.gif

<NOTE--the following applies to a 2005--> R12RT>

The directions are worthless--trust me, I know from experience. Clik the link below and use the pic to locate the holes that the bolts go in. Take each bolt before you install and wrap a thin layer of duct tape around the top, then slide the spacer over it so the spacer will stay in place. Then put them in the 4 holes you located. Lay the 2 long narrow metal plates over the rubber template, one on each side of the oem rack. It really doesn't seem to matter which side they go on--all they do is maintain clearance between the top plate and the oem rack. The large 4-sided trapezoidal bottom plates with the "angle" go to the rear of the bike. I would line them up first and attach the bolts to them thru the top plate leaving some play. They will only fit one way--hint--look at the notch in each of them. Then just try the "front" plates every way you can until you are able to line up the bolts--then tighten. Givi strikes again!!

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/imagecata...tview/2337/424/

JR,

Are you talking about the entire setup?

That is the GIVI rails that bolt to the side of bike (made of metal) and then the GIVI mounting rack that connects to the side rails?

If so, on what bike?

This is a medium complicated procedure that involves removing the BMW rear rack, some bolts at various places that require special tools, and some paitience.

If you are just adding the luggage mount plate to the existing BMW stock rear rack, trial and error will work.

Archived