IGNORED

Garmin 2720-Altitude?

topdal46

I have a Garmin 2720 GPS, is there a way to get a alititude readout on it?

I noticed that if I save a current location as a favorite it will show altitude, but is it possible without going through that step?

Couchrocket

Read the manual. You can customize the display in the "map screen" for both "while navigating" and when just driving w/o a route "engaged." In both of those customization menus, there is a plethora of choices for what you can have displayed. ETA, Speed, Dist. to next, alt., etc. Easy to do, once you've messed with it a bit.

If you don't have a manual for some reason, you can download from Garmin here.

Thanks guys, I was just up in Santa Fe , NM, now that's a high place, 6911ft elevation where I was visiting a friend of mine.

I thought it would be nice to see the elevation as I was riding, I'll go check it out, I checked out the manual, but didnt' find a whole lot there.

ShovelStrokeEd

I have a 2730 but I think they are similar.

Menu/settings/map/map data fields/wide or thin and then choose your preference. I still haven't figured out how to configure it like I want but I'm getting closer. I much preferred the system on my GPS V where I could select the number of fields and what I wanted in each.

Whoever wrote the Garmin manuals is an idiot.

I have a 2730 but I think they are similar.

Menu/settings/map/map data fields/wide or thin and then choose your preference.

That is helpful, Ed. Thanks.

Whoever wrote the Garmin manuals is an idiot.

Or lazy. Or both.

The manual for the 2720/2730 merely points out what is already obvious while ignoring everything that really requires instructions. For example, it's completely un-obvious that you should click a menu item called "thin" in order to find where to add alitutude to a display -- the manual doesn't help you at all in discovering this, but it points out the painfully obvious stuff like click 'faster' if you want to a faster route but 'shorter' if you want a shorter route.

ShovelStroke ED,,

I tried your suggestion, and it work , too bad Garmin doesn't have end users in mind when they write their manuals.

thank you

Archived