IGNORED

alaska sheepskin

bmwdavid

Has anyone tried a alaska sheepskin? I have a 1200rt and the Russell seat is just too high for me. How much of an improvement is a alaska sheepskin over the stock seat? Does it put you much higher?

The skin will take you up another 1/4 inch or so. I used mine last year on a long trip and it made the stock seat comfortable. I haven't needed it since switching to a Corbin.

Really love my Alsakan Sheepskin. Great company with excellent service! I probably will never ride a bike without one.

Steve

grasslander

I really like my stock ST seat for sport riding. The Alaska skin turns the seat into a decent touring setup for me and the wife. +++ for quality and service. Raises the seating position slightly.

The Alaska Buttpad has made the difference between being extremely uncomfortable on the stock seat on a 700 mile day to being able to complete a 1200 mile day and not be sore at the end (literally! tongue.gif). While I loved my Russell seat on the 1100, the AB will be enough for me on the 1200.

The sheepskin adds a little bit to the seat height-not much though. I wasn't able to flat foot it before....and I still can't, so it didn't really make a practical difference for me.

On the other hand, it has meant that I have gone from being uncomfortable after about 100 miles to about 300 miles, on the stock seat. I will probably never ride without it (or something similar) again.

I find the sheepskin to be fine, but the stock seat is just too uncomfortable for me so I'm getting a russel again.

There's a small, but noticeable, difference in seating height after you install the sheepskin. If you're already at the limits of being able to comfortably reach the pavement, you'll feel some difference. As for comfort, the sheepskin does help, but it will not completely transform your riding experience--a quality aftermarket seat will make a greater difference in comfort.

I got mine in the mail yesterday and it will do until my Russell is ready in July. This is a good product and I could feel relief right away but I miss the wings that support the sides of your butt that the Russell provides.

I got one about a year ago, and install it only on long trips. It definitely adds a measure of comfort to the seat, and the company was a pleasure to work with. I recommend it.

Jay

I too have been quite happy with mine and the company was great to deal with. I find that mine slides around a bit more than I like but as for comfort its +1. thumbsup.gif

Someone offered to sell me a alaskan sheepskin but I lost the senders info when my computer crashed. I am now listed as bmwdavid instead of davel. If you still have the sheepskin I am interested.

I have one too, and use it with the stock seat...BUT...now the Airhawk stays on all the time!!!

Low seat, low position in the front, modified "high" position in the rear, with Airhawk!!!

Finally found something that works, for me. clap.gif

Archived