IGNORED

suzuki 1250 abs 2007

taters

is it possible to buy a suzuki bandit abs 2007 and just go to someone like race tech and have them add on shocks etc and have it run and handle like my 1150 rt 2004?i have a bill mayer saddle and ohlins shocks on my 04 and it handles like a dream. i ask only because i don't know anything about motorcycles except i love to ride them .. thanks

ShovelStrokeEd

Race Tech or many others can manage the suspension mods you seek, as to the running like your RT, I don't know why you would want to slow the Bandit down that much. Since the bike (Bandit) is probably 150 lbs lighter than the RT, I think you will find that it "handles" quite nicely, even in stock form.

russell_bynum
is it possible to buy a suzuki bandit abs 2007 and just go to someone like race tech and have them add on shocks etc and have it run and handle like my 1150 rt 2004?i have a bill mayer saddle and ohlins shocks on my 04 and it handles like a dream. i ask only because i don't know anything about motorcycles except i love to ride them .. thanks

Ohlins makes a rear shock for the new Bandit. Race Tech doesn't list anything for the forks just yet, but it is possible that they have stuff and just haven't updated the website. They're pretty good to work with, so I'd suggest giving them a call and asking what they can do for you. Or do a google search for Bandit forums and ask there.

I know that the old Bandit 1200 was a real firebreather with a slip-on exhaust and a re-jetted carb. I would assume the 1250 is the same...it should be substantially faster than an RT and with the suspension mods it should handle fairly well, too.

Better than an RT? Well I dunno. I guess that depends on what your criteria is.

I don't know why you would want to slow the Bandit down that much.
grin.gif

For some reason I find this bike very appealing, at least on paper. And a tremendous value for the dollar, even with some extra thrown in for some suspension work and maybe some luggage. The preliminary reviews I've read have been very positive as well.

Of course I really liked my GS1100E back way when so maybe I'm biased.

W. Mazelin

Of course I really liked my GS1100E back way when so maybe I'm biased.

Yea, your biased, but that's not such a bad thing in this case. I think Suzuki has a winner on their hands.

Archived