IGNORED

New KLR up close

johnlt

Stopped by a dealer today and looked at the new KLR up close. Really made a significant difference in the look of the bike. It looked 20 years more modern but when you look close, it is really pretty much the same bike with just cosmetic changes. New plastic. They did a great job on it but it is superficial from a function perspective. My understanding is them made some changes to the suspension to improve highway handling at the cost of dirt handling. FYI

Stormrider

It's about time they started to modernize the fleet. I was interested in the new and improved Concours14 before going with the RT. 1. Didn't want to get a first year bike again. 2. Kaw still hasn't set a price on the damn thing yet!

For the price I still wouldn't mind having a KLR in my garage for the messy stuff.

russell_bynum
According to the Kawasaki site, the '08 model will weigh 49 pounds more than the '07.

lmao.gif Progress.

According to the Kawasaki site, the '08 model will weigh 49 pounds more than the '07.

That's going to kill it for a lot of people. It was already heavy. I wouldn't touch it at that weight.

russell_bynum

That's going to kill it for a lot of people. It was already heavy. I wouldn't touch it at that weight.

Yeahbut....it looks so much snazzier now. lmao.gif

[quote

Yeahbut....it looks so much snazzier now.

It's kind like trying to make a sow's ear into a silk purse. I kinda like the sow's ear. It is what it is and it does what it does.

hANNAbONE
[quote

It's kind like trying to make a sow's ear into a silk purse. I kinda like the sow's ear. It is what it is and it does what it does.

wELL sAID John my Man... Well Said..

I've got one and love it..! thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum
[quote

Would you want it to be even heavier?

Weight is NOT your friend, especially off road. I thought the old KLR was too heavy, don't think I'd take the new one on anything rougher than a forest service road.

[quote

Would you want it to be even heavier?

hEC, nO..!!I like mine the way it is..! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived