IGNORED

Dropped the RT while stopped.

Gary in Aus

Gary in Aus

Finally happened .

With my 16 year old daughter as pillion , we stopped at traffic lights in Thirroul.

While stopped and balancing bike between legs with left foot on the roadway ,remembering with a macadamised road the low side is on my left.

I thought I would adjust the straps on my gloves, as I had my hands off the grips, my daughter leaned to the right to readjust her seating position and in slow motion the RT fell onto it's right side into the oncoming lane.

I weigh 120 kilograms and my point of balance ,as was the RT , was just too far over for me to recover and I couldn't hold it up.

No damage to anyone or anything other than my ego, the engine protection bars did their job .

Francois_Dumas

Wooops blush.gif

That's why I have TWO feet on the floor when I am carrying Nina on the pillion. It nearly happened to us too, once... luckily Nina is 'petite' and I am not smirk.gif

Lineareagle

Ooh lucky you didn't end up in the path of oncoming traffic.

I ended up in the middle of a roadway much the same way. Fortunately no traffic!

Glad all is well.

Gary in Aus

My daughter is only 60 kilograms but it was just enough combined with my lack of balance.

It was caused by me being too casual.

Went to put the RT-P on the kick stand one time and realized too late that the kick stand was still up... oooops. crazy.gif

Hey, that's what the crash bars are for... tongue.gif

GoGo Gadget
Went to put the RT-P on the kick stand one time and realized too late that the kick stand was still up... oooops. crazy.gif

Hey, that's what the crash bars are for... tongue.gif

Hopefully not on a traffic stop. lol. When a Motorman drops his bike, it is like a cat who falls in a stupid way. You lick your shoulder and act like you meant to do that. grin.gif

You lick your shoulder and act like you meant to do that.

I can see my cat doing that clap.gif

I know how a drop like that can be a shock to the ego. I did the same thing, but was riding solo. Those plastic engine guards sure do a good job.

That T-Shirt is widely available to RT owners everywhere; I got mine last year. It seems that 550# slowly dropping onto an engine guard is the best to hope for.

I had no passenger to blame.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Went to put the RT-P on the kick stand one time and realized too late that the kick stand was still up... oooops.

Yep! Me too. Glad that you two are okay. I dropped mine right in front of the dealership. Shot of adrenalin, butt into seat, right up. Fortunately no damage. The engine guard took the entire hit. In regards to pillions, I have a copy of riding rules for pillions that I make every potential riding candidate read. They can have an enormous impact on stability, especially while stopped or at low speed.

Rich

Dan Gleebitz

A couple of years back ... Sunday morning outside Lincoln Cathedral... tried to do a U turn on cobbles with wife and a weeks luggage .. the road is approximately 6" too narrow .. the kerb isn't that high .. yup, she'll bump over that ... NO IT WON'T ... Isn't it amazing how quick you can get one back onto two wheels again blush.gif

Between the embarrassment and the adrenalin burst up-righting an RT is surprisingly easy... crazy.gif

HEY!!! I resemble that remark!

Archived