IGNORED

Any XCountry owners here, yet?

UberXY

beemerman2k

What's an "XCountry"?

I hope you don't mean the car. I bought a '98 Volvo Cross Country and it was the worse vehicle I ever owned. Wonderfully engineered, but it was composed of the cheapest, most unreliable parts and everything eventually broke within the first 50K miles. Never again. I noticed it's on the Consumer Reports used cars to avoid list, too.

Eventually, the Volvo was replaced with a Toyota Highlander. Much better car. Much better.

If you don't mean the car, then what's a "XCountry"?

What's an "XCountry"?

I hope you don't mean the car. I bought a '98 Volvo Cross Country and it was the worse vehicle I ever owned. Wonderfully engineered, but it was composed of the cheapest, most unreliable parts and everything eventually broke within the first 50K miles. Never again. I noticed it's on the Consumer Reports used cars to avoid list, too.

Eventually, the Volvo was replaced with a Toyota Highlander. Much better car. Much better.

If you don't mean the car, then what's a "XCountry"?

Dude: The XCountry is a BMW motorcycle.

I am THIS close!

mainly trying to decide between the Xmoto and Xcountry although I have not ridden either. I like some features of each but both concern me with 2.5 gal of fuel.

A review of all three versions is in this month's Urbanmoto. The article itself isn't on their web site, but the places that give away free copies of their monthly is here:

Urbanmoto

KiwiAdventure
A review of all three versions is in this month's Urbanmoto. The article itself isn't on their web site, but the places that give away free copies of their monthly is here:

Urbanmoto

Could you scan and post a copy please as us down in New Zealand can not get Urbanmoto

• 1 month later...

Couldn't resist. Bought an X-Moto a week ago. I liked some features of the X-Country:

1. Seat comfort

2. Some off-road capabilities- wheels and tires

Liked some features of the X-Moto:

1. Alloy Wheels

2. Better Brakes

3. Better suspension that is adjustable

The seat height of the X-Moto didn't bother me, I can just flat-foot it, much taller than R1200RT.

It is now ready for its first service and it is a blast.

Feels very much like the KTM LC4 Hard Enduro (Six Days) with more street orientation. MORE torque! Much less vibration. Cornering limits are so high that X-Country probably would have been fine. I will post a more complete report soon. If I can finish breaking it in and get it serviced before 6/11 I will take it to the BMW track event at Willow Springs along with Boxer Cup - just for giggles.

On Glendora Ridge Road (ultra twisty, too tight and narrow for a white line down the middle) I was smiling so hard and laughing so hard that I seriously had to pull over and take a rest!

Archived