IGNORED

Impressive Control

TEWKS

I don't know how you could move any faster through that course.

Pat

Try it without cross controling confused.gifgrin.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday

Pat

At low speeds the usual reasons for moving your body to the inside of the turn (neutral steering, upright-as-possible chassis for best suspension performance) aren't that big of a deal. More importantly, if you're going for extremely small turning radius, you deliberately lean your body to the outside to get the bike laying over as far as possible. In the theoretical extreme, if you get the bike close to horizontal (assuming you have the required ground clearance), you could get the bike to turn within a radius equal to the length of its wheelbase.

The guys in the video were doing it right. thumbsup.gif

motorman587

Pat

At low speeds the usual reasons for moving your body to the inside of the turn (neutral steering, upright-as-possible chassis for best suspension performance) aren't that big of a deal. More importantly, if you're going for extremely small turning radius, you deliberately lean your body to the outside to get the bike laying over as far as possible. In the theoretical extreme, if you get the bike close to horizontal (assuming you have the required ground clearance), you could get the bike to turn within a radius equal to the length of its wheelbase.

The guys in the video were doing it right. thumbsup.gif

It is just called "counter balance". thumbsup.gif

Nice use of head turns. Interesting to watch when the brake is applied thru turns. Buell used to do a traveling show called SportFest and BattleTrax. The BT part was an autocross type course (like this one) where you could run your bike against the clock. Bob's BMW used to have some of its staff man a booth showing the sporting BWWs and also ride the course. I remember a vintage GS had some very competitive runs.

Those bikes look like older Honda CBR 600 Hurricanes to me. I was only able to see it in 2 and 3 second burst, not sure why. Maybe because I have a dial up connection. What do they look like to you.

Sid, I'm not sure what they are but, I don't think they are 600cc Hurricane's, because of the two header pipes coming from the front of the engine. My guess would be a small cc parallel twin that we didn't get.

Pat

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

"Want to see some great riding???

Tucson is hosting the Southwest Police Motorcycle Competition at the Tucson mall this Saturday 4/28.

This will be a competition among Motorcycle police officers all over the Southwest United States, to see who is the best rider. If you have never seen these guys do there thing, this will be well worth your time. I used to think I was a good rider until I watched these guys ride!!!

The competition will start at 7AM and go to about 4PM. There will be several different competitions throughout the day, including obstacles courses, slow ride, and tandem riding.

The event will take place in the Southeast parking lot of the Tucson Mall. Entrance is free, and they will also have food there."

One of the Oro Valley LEO's that will participating in this put on a demo at the Iron Horse open house a few weeks back. They ride 1150RT's and he would run circle around these guy's. Jaw dropping amazing. I had heard that the gentlemen doing the demo had won this conmpetition last year.

Archived