IGNORED

Low speed handling on an RT

Green RT

I find that some loads can make handling an RT at low speeds even more challenging. I had to take a load of lumber to the dump today. The bike handled fine over five mph, but stops required even more than usual care. The weight was probably less than 100 pounds, and it wasn't a particularly high center of mass, but it did have an unusual moment of inertia.

345-008.JPG

PS The observant will notice a dent in the front rim. I hit a pothole a couple of weeks ago, and didn't realize it had dented the rim until I looked at this picture.

That I would like to see. Do you throw them over the saddle bags like they used to in the westerns?

No lane splitting. You have to remember to stay away from the edges of lanes and not cut the light poles and sign posts too closely.

George Brown
PS The observant will notice a dent in the front rim. I hit a pothole a couple of weeks ago, and didn't realize it had dented the rim until I looked at this picture.

Neat! clap.gif I've had one just like it since 2001.

Neat! clap.gif I've had one just like it since 2001.

Does that mean it is safe to ignore it. The tire isn't losing pressure and it doesn't appear to affect part of the rim where the bead sets

Looks a lot (in dimensions) like a load I had a few weeks ago. It was 60"x24"x18" @ 123#

The bike handled just fine. I only dared take it up to 50-55mph.

Above 25 or so I experienced a lot of back pressure.

The journey was about 25 miles, all back-roads.

The mirrors were useless.

It was an odd experience.

The mirrors were indeed useless. Fortunately, I only had to go about 3 miles, all on secondary streets without much traffic. There was one set of S turns. The load had an odd effect on the cornering. It resisted turning in, and once the turn was started, it was very stable and insensitive to minor corrections.

crazy.gif

Personally, I prefer the bonfire approach.

Great way to meet and interact with the neighbores (sic)

and allowed me to discover they had hidden talents.

grin.gif

yamina_meredith.jpg

Joe Frickin' Friday
... but it did have an unusual moment of inertia.

345-008.JPG

that was exactly what I thought when I looked at the pic. You must have had it strapped down real good to keep it from flopping to the outside when you lean the bike into a turn...

Bill_Walker

I see you've been influenced by those pictures from Viet Nam that were posted here recently! grin.gif

But you forgot the chickens!

I see you've been influenced by those pictures from Viet Nam that were posted here recently! grin.gif

But you forgot the chickens!

And the small child in between! lmao.giflmao.gif

All that weight in the rear should make for a great opportunity to pull some wicked wheelies... tongue.gif

grin.gif

If I get pulled over by a cop......

I hope it's you smile.gif

Then again, maybe not bncry.gif

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU DIDN'T HAVE FLAGS ON THE SIDES SINCE THE LOAD EXTENDS OVER 18 INCHES ON THE SIDE!

I ALSO CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE THAT FOOLISH TO DO THAT, BUT OBVIOUSLY WE PULL FROM THE HUMAN RACE TO RIDE MOTORCYCLES AND SALESMEN WILL SELL TO ANY NUMB NUTS.... bncry.giflmao.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Man, you gotta really love your bike to do crazy sh** like that. Whenever I think I've seen it all on this DB something new surprises me. Then again, I am just a young man . . . wave.gif

cheers

beno

Archived