IGNORED

Kisan headlight modulator work on 07RT

Crawdad

Will the Kisan Headlight modulator work on the 07RT? I know some like them and some don't but I am in the court that if they can see you they might not pull out in front of me. While Im asking how about the Kisan turn signal cancellation and running light module? I'm getting all the items I need lined up for the new girl.

The modulator works on my 06 - just tricks the bike into thinking the bulb is out and the bulb out icon displays on the dash when its modulating.

You don't need the Kisan unit to cancel your turn signals on the 07 RT because the bike has that feature standard. The stock turn signal cancellation is better because it will stay on when you're stopped for a light (not just a timer as the Kisan). I don't know if the Kisan is compatible with the CanBus for the running light feature.

Rocket_Cowboy

Are you modulating the low or high beam? I hadn't heard any complaints about the Kisan tripping the bulb out fault when modulating, so interested in more details around how you've got things set up.

I've got a Kisan on my R12ST, and I'd imagine it operates the same way it would on the RT. Mine modulates the high beam and when it's in operation, I get a bulb failure warning on my display. Not a big deal, but it's something to be aware of.

I get a bulb failure warning on my display. Not a big deal, but it's something to be aware of.
You have to get the correct Kisan model that 'fools' the ZFE module into thinking a good bulb is there. I have one on my '05 R120GS, no lamp out indicator issues.
I get a bulb failure warning on my display. Not a big deal, but it's something to be aware of.
You have to get the correct Kisan model that 'fools' the ZFE module into thinking a good bulb is there. I have one on my '05 R120GS, no lamp out indicator issues.

ditto on 05 R1200RT

paulcbrowne

I don't want to start a flame war here. I just want to say that I've tried Kisan products for turn signals, headlights, and taillights on a Honda 750 Nighthawk, BMW K1200LT, and an F650GS. I would never buy another item from them based on my experience. Flip a coin and you have a 50-50 chance of heads or tails. Unfortunately, Kisan's odds seem to be a bit lower on the negative probability of working or getting them to back the functionality of their products.

Archived