IGNORED

TBS Synch - not!

Lineareagle

Lineareagle

Did the annual on the RT last week and was going to do the TBS when I thought, "how much can it be out? Really?"

So instead I counted turns in, then removed the screw. DIRTY!

Cleaned the screw, swabbed out the seat with cleaner and a q-tip, reinstalled and turned it out equal to what was previously done by my dealer. Both sides done.

Took it for a ride . . . .SMOOTH 85mph and just humming.

So my suggestion, try it first, you might save some effort and pain.

thumbsup.gif

Did the annual on the RT last week and was going to do the TBS when I thought, "how much can it be out? Really?"

So instead I counted turns in, then removed the screw. DIRTY!

I thought the same thing, so before I removed and cleaned the BBS's I hooked up my twinmax to check it. It was reading pretty close. After cleaning the BBS's and reinstalling to the exact amount of turns, the idle was off a fair amount. I think you can get close by cleaning and reinstalling the BBS but it isn't going to be right.

YMMV but at that point you might as well take the extra time to be sure it is synched properly..

thumbsup.gif

Dave

I agree with Dave. Check the sync before you touch anything just to see how close it is....or isn't. Check again after any work involving the throttle bodies.

Idle synch (ie BBS) is different from the cable synch. After getting the cable synch as good as possible at 4K and with throttle blips the "idle" reading on the meter is always slightly off. I want it to be synchronized at riding speeds!

Lineareagle
I'd say you got lucky. But hey! I'll take lucky when I can get it!

I think you are right, lucky, and I just can't stand it! so will pull the T ware today and check the TBS synch.

I have a major ride coming up and it would bug me he whole trip.

tongue.gif

Lineareagle

Well Checked the synch was dead on at idle.

Good all the way up to 4000 then the left jug started pulling more.

So I am good to go. Now weather. clap.gif

Lineareagle

I used some carb cleaner spray I have had forever in the garage. Doesn't take much. I would have used fuel from the tank failing having the carb cleaner.

You just do not want to use something on the seat that would be incompatible with any "o" rings etc. I don't know if there is anything you could damage but just in case.

The dirt I removed reminded me of very fine silt you might see in a water screen.

Came off easily and I checked the air filter so do not know where it came from.

Archived