IGNORED

Just Returned from New Zealand

Fast Eddy

Just got back from a 2 week tour through the south island of New Zealand.Amazing roads and country!I rode an r1150RT like i have at home. after riding a stock bike 2 up for 2 weeks I really apreciate the mods I've made to my own bike. Sargent seat,cee bailey windshield,Wliber shocks.I highly recomend this trip. Riding on the left was my biggest concern before I went but it wasn't really a problem.

Keep the shiny side up.

wave.gif

New to forum. How do you add photos? I've created a slideshow which you can get to through this link.http://www.lawhamilton.com/data/New_Zealand_07.exe I created it with a program called pix2exe.Its safe.Ed

There's nothing like taking off in the middle of winter for a motorcycle adventure is there?

NZ is a great destination for superb riding as well as mid winter fun.

My last NZ trip tale wound up being a nine part opus which maybe got a bit out of hand, but I wanted readers to come away with the idea that this was a special place to ride.

Unfortunately, due to some minor life changes, I've been unable to get back to NZ since 2004, but my wonderful memories of my visits there are still vivid.

I hope you can put together a ride tale for us.

Take care,

Dave

New to forum. How do you add photos? I've created a slideshow which you can get to through this link.http://www.lawhamilton.com/data/New_Zealand_07.exe I created it with a program called pix2exe.Its safe.Ed

Is it normal to get an 8-9 minute download on DSL with this program? That's what it's telling me it'll take...

With the help of some of our nerdy friends here I just learned to use Photo Bucket to post pics... thumbsup.gif

Phil.........Redbrick

It is normal for this download to take a while. I gave the link to all the people on the tour with me and some said they were blown away by it.Of course it would mean a lot more to people who were on the trip.I'm a proffesional photographer who specializes in portraits but I have fun on these trips. I bought some Maori music while in NZ and spliced a few songs together for the soundtrack.The slideshow is 54 megs total but has a lot more impact then a few photos.I think its worth the time to download.The country was so beautiful and the roads a real hoot.

Slyder_Steve

Ed,

The wife is a Kiwi, I take her advice as expert. Outstanding production!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Now I've now got to book a tour--any idea what this is going to cost me? frown.gif

Steve

Steve

My wife and I went through GO Tour NZ. They did a great job. We,ve done 2 other tours,1 in Norway and the other through the Alps. The cost of this tour was on par with the others through Beaches motorcycle adventures. It was $5650. for the rider and 4000 for the passenger, plus plane fare. Total cost about $15000.Not cheap but an incredible experience.I met them at the BMW National Rally in Vermont.Thanks for the kind words on the slideshow it was a fun project.

Ed

MrHondamatic

As much as I hate spending money for intangible items, like a vacation, I do believe you got your money's worth. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place to supplement your wonderful memories.

I think I could stand to do this myself someday.

As much as I hate spending money for intangible items, like a vacation, I do believe you got your money's worth. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place to supplement your wonderful memories.

I think I could stand to do this myself someday.

I had to laugh at this, no offense! I'm completely on the other end of the spectrum.... I've spent every free moment and every dime I could lay my hands on over the years skiing, motorcycling, bicycling, backpacking, etc. everywhere I could possibly find a way to get to!

I might be living in a cardboard box and eating dry dog food when I'm older, but I'll be certain that I LIVED my life as I progressed through it! I've told my kids not to expect an inheritance, and they're going to have to come find me for my funeral. My son's response was, "So Dad, do you want us to bring your body back or just pile rocks on it? Can I have your motorcycles?" My daughter just rolls her eyes at me.

GORGEOUS country, it's been on my "to do" list for a long time!

grin.gif Yeeehawww!!!! thumbsup.gif

Well, obviously others have seen it, so the link must work, but it doesn't work for me. I keep getting a "Page Not Found" if I use the browser, or a "network error" if I try to download. frown.gif

Well, obviously others have seen it, so the link must work, but it doesn't work for me. I keep getting a "Page Not Found" if I use the browser, or a "network error" if I try to download. frown.gif

Me too....."Page Not Found" etc.....Should have downloaded the first time I saw it and not gripe about the 8 minutes it would've taken.... blush.gifdopeslap.gif

Darn....Have a friend here who just returned from an NZ bike adventure the same time you did.....

I'll keep trying to download...

Phil........Redbrick

Ed, thanks for reminding me of one of the main reasons why I could not imagine living anywhere else in the world. Great photos, and a great slide show.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, Ed, for sharing those beautiful photos. All nicely done. What camera did you use?
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I,ve bean really busy since i returned from NZ. The camera is a Fuji S2. I also brought along an S3 but didn't need it.I used a 28 to 105 nikon lens.I shot high res jpegs and filled 5 2gig cards.So many amazing shots it was hard narrowing them down to include in a slideshow.I hope you get to enjoy this beautiful country someday.

Ed

Archived