IGNORED

Autocom problems

JRoper

I am still having a problem with engine whine coming through to the speakers. This buzzing is heard even if all periferals are disconnected. The box is located under the seat, power is connected to the switched fuse box and ground is connected directly to the battery ground. I have isolated cables on all items connected, like GPS, iPod, & cell phone. I'm getting a bit discouraged after spending so much money on a system that doesn't work right.

Buy a ground loop isolator for the power line. I got one at Crutchfields for about $15 - I am sure that Radio Shack sells them too. The Autocom one is $$$$$$$. I had the same problem, as many people have, and the isolator fixed it. For the prices Autocom charges, one ought to be built in.

I finally figured it out. I had bought an isolated cord for my iPod to solve the engine noise problem. After installation, the noise problem got worse. I just now found out that the box in the cord containing the isolation electronics was too close to the battery and probably some other high current lines. I moved the box 6" away and problem solved, finally! Thanks for your help.

Archived