IGNORED

Fabricated GPS / Zumo Mounting Bracket

lthj75

Some of you asked to see what I made, so here it is. Nothing too fancy, but it certainly worked out great! Didn't want to spend the insane amount of money for the pre-made mounts out there....and I wanted a center mount bracket so I fabricated the following for a whole $20....

clap.gif

dsc01667oe8.jpg

dsc01668hh8.jpg

dsc01670vx1.jpg

dsc01669qh2.jpg

1) Started with a piece of Aluminum stock from a local Ace Hardware

2) Cut it and grinded/smoothed down the edges

3) Drilled mounting holes and RAM Mount hole

4) Painted with Aluminum Rustoleum

5) Mounted RAM and mounted to the bike!

Update - used the zumo on my first lengthy ride and the set-up was great! No glares, easy to see and close enoght that I could wear wired earplugs with no adapters. Just wanted to share incase others were interested.

Sorry - I do not use a tank bag.....but if it helps, the pics I took were from sitting on the bike. So if you can see the spot I have my GPS mounted, you should be fine. Also keep in mind that its on a ball ram mount - so its fully adjustable height wise.....

• 2 months later...
PhysicsWinz

that's pretty cool.

did you put spacers under the new bolts so that torquing them would not bend the aluminum inward?

Do you feel the integrity of the handlebars is just as good?

I would be interested in doing a similar arrangement on my roadster, but with 2 ram mounts--one for the zumo and one for a sirius radio.

John

Why not just get one of these? Pretty simple to install, (tap,tap,tap), and look pretty neat too...

Click to enlarge:

miniimg2602bl8.th.jpg

garminmountonrt010sl0.th.jpg

r12rtworkingpics002bi0.th.jpg

62.00 inlcudes the solid billet aluminum base, 1" Ram ball mount and shipping.

Jim W.

that's pretty cool.

did you put spacers under the new bolts so that torquing them would not bend the aluminum inward?

Do you feel the integrity of the handlebars is just as good?

I would be interested in doing a similar arrangement on my roadster, but with 2 ram mounts--one for the zumo and one for a sirius radio.

John

No spaces - the aluminum flexed a little bit when the bolts were torqued down.....no change or compromise at all.....still love it. For $20 can't go wrong!

Archived