IGNORED

ABS II fault, brake relay

photomd

Hi all,

I've got a problem. My 96 RSL had showed a brake fault on the way home: alternating lights like a low voltage. It didn't reset on restart. I get home and turn off the bike and can hear the ABS motor under the tank with the key off. So I pull the right panel and disconnect the battery. I'm showing a #6 fault: ABS relay. Where the heck is the relay? confused.gif Is it under the black plastic on the right hand side of the ABS unit and if so, how do I remove it? That has some weird screws holding the plastic cover on. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is it under the black plastic on the right hand side of the ABS unit
Yes. Take out the screw and the cover slides off. The relay is part #61362306526 BTW.

Thank you. Is the relay inside the black cover or is the black cover the relay? Sorry to be dense...I don't see an easy wire connection;just power and ground going into the ABS unit and four wires disappearing into the black plastic case and these wires go directly into the main wiring harness.

Thank you. I couldn't figure out if that plastic door slid up or not...better to find out in the beginning than ordering parts later. grin.gif

Archived