IGNORED

GPS for 06 K1200GT

WEDGE

I'm looking for some input for this asteemed group regarding the best way to mount a gps on the new handle bar system on my bike. I'd like to avoid the costly BMW set up if I can. Can I mount any other gps system to the bmw mount besides the bmw unit Thanks Wedge confused.gif

Aluminum_Butt

Things are a little fuzzy for me. Do you already have the BMW mount, and you're looking for a GPS that will work with it? Or are you looking for a mounting system?

The BMW Nav III is essentially the same thing as a Garmin 2820 (though without XM). I've never seen a Nav III, nor the BMW mount, in person so I can't comment on whether a different GPS will work in the BMW mount. I'm sure someone will chime in with an answer to that.

In the meantime, if you're in the market for a mount, there are lots of alternatives:

Gadget Guy

RAM Mounts

Big Mak Shelf

Z Technik

Motorrad Concepts

BitScribbler
While the mounts above are all great, the plastic BMW mount works the best. A chunk of plastic for $125. tongue.gif

I have a Garmin Quest sat in a Quest motorcycle mount which bolts directly to the BMW sat nav mount. The BMW sat nav mount cost precisely £10 here in the UK.

Archived