IGNORED

Synching throttle bodies????

Lawman

Okay, checked throttles bodies like this using a Twinmax:

1. Turn on power

2. Connect rubber hoses to each throttle body

3. Adjust sensitivity to MAX and adjust zero knob until needle is straight on zero.

4. Turn sensitivity knob fully to MIN.

5. Start engine

6. Rev and hold engine at several different ranges from 1500 to 4000 r.p.m.

The needle barely even moved. At worst was about 1/4 off zero to the left of zero..Do I need to make any adjustment? If so, how? I assume it's done using the two nuts on the right side throttle body very near where the hose connects to the throttle body?

Also, I did this without the muffler on as I am waiting on a new back tire to be installed..Would this have any effect?

Okay, checked throttles bodies like this using a Twinmax:

1. Turn on power

2. Connect rubber hoses to each throttle body

3. Adjust sensitivity to MAX and adjust zero knob until needle is straight on zero.

4. Turn sensitivity knob fully to MIN.

5. Start engine

6. Rev and hold engine at several different ranges from 1500 to 4000 r.p.m.

The needle barely even moved. At worst was about 1/4 off zero to the left of zero..Do I need to make any adjustment? If so, how? I assume it's done using the two nuts on the right side throttle body very near where the hose connects to the throttle body?

Also, I did this without the muffler on as I am waiting on a new back tire to be installed..Would this have any effect?

Check your number 4 step. With your Twinmax's sensitivity set at minimum, it may not be registering a small difference in pressure between the two sides. That's the first thing I check when my needle barely moves. To confirm each reading, try again at a slightly higher sensitivity. Be judicious when raising the sensitivity -- a needle that's jumping around too much will drive you nuts! dopeslap.gif

I don't know if having the exhaust muffler off would affect the Twinmax's readings.

Good luck!

Oh yeah I left that part off..I did move the sensitvity almost all the the way to max when revving and it did not have much effect on the needle..

Thanks

Oh yeah I left that part off..I did move the sensitvity almost all the the way to max when revving and it did not have much effect on the needle..

Thanks

You're welcome.

I can't think of anyhing else off-hand. You're good to go! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

No, wait...better get that muffler back on first. thumbsup.gif

Billy, while you're waiting for someone who knows more than me to respond, can I ask if you had to remove the tupperware to get the Twinmax hooked up?

Thanks,

aggieengineer

I did on mine. I've checked mine with a Twinmax three times in 7000 miles and it's been virtually dead-center each time.

Jim VonBaden
I did on mine. I've checked mine with a Twinmax three times in 7000 miles and it's been virtually dead-center each time.

In my experience, with a couple dozen TB syncs on Hexheads, I have found few to be off at all after the first 6K service.

Jim cool.gif

IndianaHarvey

serIn my experience, with a couple dozen TB syncs on Hexheads, I have found few to be off at all after the first 6Kvice.

Jim cool.gif

So Jim, are you saying that it may not be necessary to check the throttle sync or at least not at every service interval?

Jim VonBaden

In my experience, with a couple dozen TB syncs on Hexheads, I have found few to be off at all after the first 6Kvice.

Jim cool.gif

So Jim, are you saying that it may not be necessary to check the throttle sync or at least not at every service interval?

If your bike is running well, I am confident you could skip it if you wish. It certainly wont hurt the bike, though you may not be running at peak performance. Most likely you will be very close.

Jim cool.gif

Archived