IGNORED

Hooved Rat - EWS

philbytx

Paul Mihalka

That map is meaningless. The darn things can be anywhere, any day, any time. I know. I have two deer kills on my record, with the bike.

Just one example: Colorado rt. 92, north side of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It is locally well known to be infested with deer. I saw over a hundred of them on that road in one ride. It is not on the map.

Well, not exactly meaningless Paul wink.gif and, yes, the HR's can be anywhere at any time and the Hill Country abounds with several species.

We have a herd of over 30 White tail and Axis/WT mix in the area. We have two kindly but idiotic old ladies around here..one feeds them canteloupe and the other piles of deer corn, so the buggers run around using our yards as a darn salad bar bncry.gif

The site in question is run and supported by game managers and hunters....they like to advertise just how good your chances are....actually for shooting 'em but, it appears, also for colliding with 'em eek.gif

We have a herd of over 30 White tail and Axis/WT mix in the area. We have two kindly but idiotic old ladies around here..one feeds them canteloupe and the other piles of deer corn, so the buggers run around using our yards as a darn salad bar bncry.gif

Hey Pheeelby, doncha have a long bow like Robin Hood to thin that herd as it passes through your back yard? grin.gif

Venison jerky is mighty tasty and I would rather have one in my tank bag than on my tank bag. thumbsup.gif

That map is meaningless. The darn things can be anywhere, any day, any time. I know. I have two deer kills on my record, with the bike.

Just one example: Colorado rt. 92, north side of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. It is locally well known to be infested with deer. I saw over a hundred of them on that road in one ride. It is not on the map.

Last year at the UN, Tank and I were coming up out of the Black Canyon on the south side. Went down to look at the dam. Darn things just keep showing up on that twisty road that goes to the bottom right at the park entrance.

Stan Walker

Darn things just keep showing up on that twisty road that goes to the bottom right at the park entrance.

That's a really bad road to have to do any deer doging on. I suspect if you dropped a bike there you would have one hell of a time getting it back upright.

Stan

Howdy Jim,

Love venison (off the hoof) and venison jerky..Yum!!!!

As far as my Robin Hood impression goes, I thought of that one but, unfortunately, that darn canteloupe lady overlooks my back yard eek.gif

Archived