IGNORED

Bluetooth cellphone kit ?

news_by_KKO

news_by_KKO

Hello all.

I hope with all the wisdom here someone will have an answer for me.

I would like to have the ability to talk on my cell phone while on my RT. Preferably Bluetooth. (Just like the guy that cut me off) thumbsup.gif

My problem is:

A. I don’t want to have the Bluetooth module transmitting near my head. (Possible future health issues, yet to be discovered)

B. I don't want to spend $600.00.

I have a lot of fabrication and electronics experience, so I think I can modify something to mount on the bike.

I was thinking of modifying an $80.00 Motorola car Bluetooth kit to feed into a helmet headset.

Or any other ideas???

I hope this is not too stupid dopeslap.gif

Kris

Motorola HF820 or Ericsson HBH-200 adapter if you want to go Bluetooth, then cable from the adapter to your intercom.

Or just build a cable from your cell phone directly into your intercom if you're willing to have the wire.

I have mine wired, keeping another gadget charged is more than I want to mess with. Plus reports of Bluetooth not working that well on a bike. The cell phone needs to be one that will auto answer into a headset. And preferably (to me anyway) ring into a headset too. After much searching I found a Kyocera K323 that does both.

news_by_KKO
Motorola HF820 or Ericsson HBH-200 adapter if you want to go Bluetooth, then cable from the adapter to your intercom.

Or just build a cable from your cell phone directly into your intercom if you're willing to have the wire.

I have mine wired, keeping another gadget charged is more than I want to mess with. Plus reports of Bluetooth not working that well on a bike. The cell phone needs to be one that will auto answer into a headset. And preferably (to me anyway) ring into a headset too. After much searching I found a Kyocera K323 that does both.

So, the Motorola has a outlet for a wire that can go to a intercom?

The Sony also looks interesting, but not very available.

I have heard good and bad on this forum about Bluetooth. I have also seen warnings from manufacturers about the quality of there own Bluetooth adapters.

Maybe I will just go back to writing letters while I ride

dopeslap.gif

news_by_KKO
Cardo unit with shielding in the helmet?

It looks good, but is there a way to move the little transmiter to the bike and have a wire going to the headset? If not I guess there is always Reynolds Quality Aluminum Foil....

Archived