IGNORED

Autocom Active PLUS under seat mounting location needed.

Nevets

As the proud new owner of an Autocom Active PLUS, I'm ready to mount the unit on my 2003 RT-P. From general consensus, it seems under the passenger seat is the best place. Where, exactly, do you find is the best place under the passenger seat? I thought I had a good place on the horizontal metal bar which runs under the rider seat, but I find the seat base hits the Actuve PLUS when mounted (with supplied velcro) on it. bncry.gif Any ideas? Should I move it all the way back to the tail (by the taillight)?

On the 1100/1150RT's, under the rider's seat (atop the airbox lid) is preferred, but for you to have enough room, your seat must be in the middle position or higher. Failing that, there is no good place under the passenger seat, so the unit must go in the tail cone.

I have started to have the seat in the middle position, but would really hate to "permanently" loose the bottom position. I guess it's in the tail then.

This is where I have mine located under the seat. I always have the seat in the middle position and most likely always will. I didn't shorten any wires with the install so in the future I can move it if needed. By placing it under the riders seat all the included cords reached the Radio Box, which now I can plug in the MP3 and Cell phone. In addition I wired the box for power (took radio guts out) so I can charge things.

Tom

(Pictures on web site)

http://www.msnusers.com/TomsWebPage

I just mounted mine in the tail cone. You can run the wires back to the fuse box and tap in for keyed power. I used some foam pad from Michael's as a shock protector around the unit. Can't hurt. I also used fish tape to run a wire from my gps on the shelf to the rear of the bike. No problems, and i didn't have to take the tupperware off.

Good Luck

I just mounted mine in the tail cone. You can run the wires back to the fuse box and tap in for keyed power. I used some foam pad from Michael's as a shock protector around the unit. Can't hurt. I also used fish tape to run a wire from my gps on the shelf to the rear of the bike. No problems, and i didn't have to take the tupperware off.

Good Luck

I did the same, but had the tupperware off.

I was able to put 2 noise filters and a mixer under the seat and still use the low position

IMG_1531.jpg

Why the two noise filters? Was there that much noise coming through your system? Did it completely solve the problem?

I have a bike powered XM and a bike powered GPS. One filter was needed for each item.

I found this out after I installed them. The 2 filters are put into a mixer (wich is to the left of them), and then into the autocom.

The filters work as they should. I have no engine noise.

These can be found for @ $25 on ebay. Slightly more on Amazon. If you need more info, shoot me a PM.

Installed in tail today. Ground direct to battery, switched power from fuse box. Went for test drive with SO, and it worked as advertised, although we need to adjust volume & VOX a little. Absolutely no engine noise, but nothing else hooked up (phone/music) yet. Cool. thumbsup.gif

The 2 filters are put into a mixer (wich is to the left of them), and then into the autocom.

I don't have any audio on my bike, so help me out...

I thought an Autocom acted as a mixer. Why do you need a mixer in conjuction with the Autocom?

The autocom unit that I have has only one input for music and one for a phone. I have the GPS + XM going to a mixer to combine the 2 so they can go into the music input on the autocom. If I put the GPS or XM into the phone input, there would be like a 20 second delay before the music (or gps) came on.

I'm having a hard time explaining it, so maybe someone who knows the system a little more can help me out.

Archived