IGNORED

Rear wheel removal help

Chugger

Just replaced my front tire for the first time. And now I'm having trouble with the rear wheel. I removered the calipers and then the 4 bolts but the wheel does not want to budge. Any Ideas

Thanks Chugger

Unless there is a difference between the 1100RT wheel and the 1150RT wheel, the only bolts needing to be removed are under the plastic wheel center cap. I've never found removing the brake caliper bolts necessary. Once the wheel lug bolts are removed, a good side kick should release the wheel. Probably ought to put a long screwdriver or other object in the center stand lock before banging away too much.

How many miles are on the bike?

And, how long since it was last removed?

Time takes a toll. Tap it firmly as you rotate it,& it should break lose.

Don't worry. You won't hurt anything.

In response to SMD, there is no plastic center cap on the 1150.

And, you must remove the caliper to dismount the rear wheel.

Unless there is a difference between the 1100RT wheel and the 1150RT wheel, the only bolts needing to be removed are under the plastic wheel center cap. I've never found removing the brake caliper bolts necessary. Once the wheel lug bolts are removed, a good side kick should release the wheel. Probably ought to put a long screwdriver or other object in the center stand lock before banging away too much.

On the 1100 the brake rotor is mounted to the final drive. On the 1150 it is mounted to the wheel and so the caliper need removing.

Then the four wheel bolts. If stuck, try some WD40 or better still plusgas, into the lug bolt holes and wheel centre, leave for a half hour then using a soft hammer hit the wheel firmly close to the centre.

Andy

Thanks Gentlemen, Spraying liquid wrench into the bolt holes waiting for 30 min. and then using a block of white oak and framing hammer seamed to do the trick.

Archived