IGNORED

Another R1200rt problem

Tucker2930

Riding home from my 6000 mile service now the gear indicator now won't show "N" when in neutral. Just black where the letter should be. Also showed "5" when in sixth gear then switched to "6" after 2 miles. Any answers for this would be appricated.

riding4work

Similar thing happened to me. Neutral green light and the "N" indicator didn't come on one day and wouldn't start in neutral. All the gear indicators worked ok. Stayed that way for about 2k. At the 6000 mile service the dealer found a fault code and reset it. Everythings been fine since.

AdventurePoser

I noticed on your page that you "don't want me knocking on your door."

What are ya? A girl scout selling cookies?? grin.gif

Steve

ps-I have a fault on mine telling me I'm low on oil. This will be the second fault code reset in as many months.

I had a similar problem just before my 600 mile service where the shift indicator would not display N and it was blacked out. in addition, the indicator didnt work when stopped (but in gear) but worked when underway. In addition - the green N light wasnt working either. Turned out to be a loose sensor plug. The dealer pushed it til it "clicked", did the wear in service and it's been fine for 10,000 miles.

Can you tell where that sensor plug is, please? confused.gif

That would be the first thing to check if I encounter the same symptoms...the the RT, that is. wink.gif

Can you tell where that sensor plug is, please? confused.gif

That would be the first thing to check if I encounter the same symptoms...the the RT, that is. wink.gif

The sensor, actually a variable rheostat, is located on the rear of the transmission, kind of toward the left side. Trace its wiring back into the bike from there.

Archived