IGNORED

Need a windshield Gromet

REVz

I noticed today that two of the four rubber gromets that go underneath the windshield (R1100RT) have come up missing. Can't find the part no. on BMW...

Will a rubber door silencer work? Any ideas?

And for you funny guys...I don't need this Gromit

crazy.gif

<a href=gromitmw2.jpg' alt='gromitmw2.jpg'>

Hold the fort... Are you asking about the round hole in the center grommets that sandwich the screen to its mounts?

If so, that part number is 46 632 313 892

The bumpers are the stops the windscreen (is suppose to) rest against when lowered all the way.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

I just ordered one. $5. Golden rubber I guess.

I'm sure the one that rolled away will show up now.

:thumbsup

Thanks for clarifying. Not the bracket gromet(s), the ones (4 total, two top and two bottom)to which the windshield rests against the fairing when fully lowered (bump stops). I think the orginal numbers were correct....I just ordered...$1.97 each.

Thanks!

Are there alternatives? Like go to the local hardware store and get rubber washer #11-x5 and pay $.12? It looks like it is just a round, flat, washer kind of rubber thingee (as you can see, my technical language skills are meager). There must be some alternative that will do what it should for less expense.

Well, I lost one of the bump stops on my 06 R1200 RT and the other was torn. The replacements from the dealer were something like $3.50 ea. A trip to Walmart for some clear rubber bumpers and for around a buck I replaced both and have 8 spares. thumbsup.gif

I just ordered one. $5. Golden rubber I guess.

I'm sure the one that rolled away will show up now.

:thumbsup

WTF? Where did you buy them from? Chicago BMW has them for $1.97/pair.

Archived