IGNORED

best R1100RT battery?

doc47

As some of you know, I've been away (I hesitate to say "out of it")for a year. Marlene has had an Oddysey (Oddity?) battery which has done nicely but needs replacement.

?: 1. Is the Oddysey still the best non-wet-cell to buy?

2. Where should I get one of what ever it is you recommend (balancing service and price, of course).

3. Can I include any more parentheticals in a short space?

doc

It appears to be the best you can get. 2yr. warranty, three times the cranking power. Mil-spec.

Google Oddysey PC680 or check E-Bay.

the issue would be your location for shipping.

Paul Mihalka

Welcome back, doc! I would stick with Odyssey. All the others - BMW, Wesco, Panasonic, - have less cranking power so more likely to get ABS failure after starting.

Slight hijack...

I'm sure I should know this (but I don't tongue.gif:)

Does the 1150 take the same battery as the 1100 confused.gif

It appears to be the best you can get. 2yr. warranty, three times the cranking power. Mil-spec.

Google Oddysey PC680 or check E-Bay.

the issue would be your location for shipping.

\

Where did you get the idea the pc80 has three times the cranking power? What is your baseline and what are you basing the 3X on? It is a 17AH battery with 210-220 CCA. The Panasonic is rated at 20AH and 275 CCA with a one year warranty from :

http://www.ebatteriestogo.com/

Last LC-X1220P I bought from Digi-Key was $56.19 with free shipping. thumbsup.gif

I've been using them since 1997 and never had one fail. I replace them every 4 years. clap.gif

Mick

Eric, the 1100 and 1150 RT both take the same part number stock battery so the PC 680 should fit the 1150 fine also. I made a pair of angle adapters for the battery terminals.

Eric, the 1100 and 1150 RT both take the same part number stock battery so the PC 680 should fit the 1150 fine also. I made a pair of angle adapters for the battery terminals.

Thanks for that.

What are the approximate dimensions of the brackets?

I decided to skip the terminal adapters and just mounted the PC680 battery sideways. It has worked well for several years. The manufacturer indicates any position but upside down is ok with them.

Archived