IGNORED

Aerostich Hi-Viz Grunge?

Braveman

I just bought a Darien Hi-Viz used on ebay. It looks icky. The seller says it was cleaned twice by Aerostich, and there is an Aerostich tag on it, but the yellow is all dirty and gray. I called aero and they said that if it does get dirty, it may not come clean. The seller is saying the jacket was only worn on around town rides for two seasons. Does anyone with a Hi-Viz Darien have any insight? Do they always look like crap after a few seasons? dopeslap.gif

Ooh OOH ask sweet pea Eric Sokoloff

ESokoloff

He had a filthy high vis yellow. I was impressed when he wahed it but don't expect yellow to ever get really clean again.

They tend to develop, uh, character after they've gotten filthy a time or two. I've washed mine pretty regularly, though, and I've been surprised how well it's held its color.

I'd suggest you try a specialty product for Gore-Tex, something like Nikwax Tech Wash. It's a good idea to run the jacket through an extra rinse cycle--this will help it maintain its breathability. Make sure you follow up with something to restore water repellency, after you've washed it.

Grunge doesn't just happen to the Hi-Viz, I washed and treated with the proper soap/waterproofing stuff my Grey suit and it got as dirty as before the washing in record time. I haven't even ridden in a good sloppy rain yet.

I guess it is just aquiring the requisite patina now! thumbsup.gif

My high viz yellow also has the fine patina of grunge that can only come from riding.......the Nikwax TechWash works pretty well on cleaning it up. I'd also recommend using the wash-in Nikwax Water Repellent.

When I used to wear black leathers, I never saw the grunge...but I'd much rather have the extra visibility in grungy yellow.

BluesTraveler

After one of our Sunday rides I followed one of my friends home before heading home myself. Out of the blue his live in girl friend asks if I hang my suit in the bedroom closet. My answer is no and that I have a special place in the shop for all my gear. She spins around to my friend who is listening to our conversation and in a loud voice say's...... SEE! It took me a second to realize what was going on here but I figured it out.

Even though he assures her its clean she has a problem with his gross looking Hi-Viz Aerostich hanging with her other cloths in the bedroom closet.

I just bought a Darien Hi-Viz used on ebay. It looks icky. The seller says it was cleaned twice by Aerostich, and there is an Aerostich tag on it, but the yellow is all dirty and gray. I called aero and they said that if it does get dirty, it may not come clean. The seller is saying the jacket was only worn on around town rides for two seasons. Does anyone with a Hi-Viz Darien have any insight? Do they always look like crap after a few seasons? dopeslap.gif

Boys, boys, boys, from a gal who can get any kind of stain from hubbys shirts, jackets you name it. Even got Motorcycle oil that bit back off of his jacket...Your answer is a good spray, soaking and scrubbing from SIMPLE GREEN. Keep it concentrated on whatever it is you are trying to clean and scrub the heck out of it. Can be purchased just about anywhere and use it on any clothes to get stains and dirt out. Will be just like new. Hubby's aero is high-viz and still high viz! Don't forget to Nikwax it after it looks squeekly clean. Good Luck~ thumbsup.gif

Archived