IGNORED

BMW Fender Emblem

Helga

I recently spotted an R1100RT out on the road with a BMW emblem on the back fender just below the license plate. It looks like this is a metal emblem that is screwed in place directly on the fender. I must have one of these!!! I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find one. Does anyone know where I can purchase one of these? confused.gif

Yep, I bought mine online from BMW Santa Cruz back in the middle of '05. It looks much better than the two original empty holes that were in the fender. I think I read somewhere the holes were for a european license plate (but don't quote me on that).

Good luck!

I just happened to have Bob's BMW catalog(1-800-269-2627) next to me and they carry them also.... no affileation, just have used them with good results.

the holes were for a european license plate

Yup. Some of our European brethren have HUMONGOUS tags on the back of their bikes.

Makes putting on a fender elimination kit on the back of your sport bike kind of difficut.

I hear on the Brits bikes it's often times not necessary to use much brake as the giant tag has so much wind resistance. Kinda like a parachute. lmao.gif

See http://www.mklsportster.com/r1150r/r1150rlogo.jpg THis is an example, as there are a few types of logos available. The picture shows 0-51-14-2-328-269 3D BMW Roundel Emblem installed on Bob's Fender Logo Plate, on my GF's 2004 R1150R.

-MKL

This is exactly what I am looking for, is this the part number that you have listed and where did you purchase it? thumbsup.gif

I put the same thing on all three of my bikes. I bought the stainles steel backing plates from Bob's BMW along with the same sized tank badges. Later, I found out the BMW of Santa Cruz sells the backing plate made of plastic. You can fashion your own with some replacement tank badges and a couple of slices of hard nylon round stock. Your local plastics supplier carries the stuff in various circumferences and can cut you a few disks. They will be white, but who can tell behind the badge right?

From the BMW Santa Cruz booth at the rally in Vermont this past July.

Looks great on the bike, nice quality.

It's on their website, you can buy on-line.

Archived