IGNORED

Next Gen K1200GT questions

BrianT

I traded in the 03 GT on a new 07 GT today. I had been using a Bigmak tank bag on the old GT. When I tried to transfer it over to the new GT it's mounted too far forward preventing the handlbars from turning much. My question is did anyone else have this same problem? If so, were you able to fix it by getting a new mount bracket from Bigmak to use with the old bag, or do you think I need a new bag as well. I'm not sure which version bag it is I have, but I think its the Bigmak Stealth SC or TC.

Also, am I reading the manual right that during the break in miles I only need to keep the RPM's under 7k and not the usual 4k?

Also, am I reading the manual right that during the break in miles I only need to keep the RPM's under 7k and not the usual 4k?

yep just keep it under 7K rpm for the first 600-1000 miles. No great hardship. cool.gif

Paul Mihalka

Congrats on the new bike, Brian! 7.000 rpm break-in it is. With a 10K redline on the GT and 11K redline on the 1200S 7K is reasonable. You can have a lot of fun at 7K grin.gif

RichEdwards

I just switched the BigMak bracket from my old RT to my new GT and it fits fine with no handlebar obstruction. You can order a new bracket from BigMak without ordering a new tankbag.

Don't worry about keeping the bike under 7K rpm. The new GT will do 100 mph in 6th gear and stay under 7K rpm. grin.gif

I just switched the BigMak bracket from my old RT to my new GT and it fits fine with no handlebar obstruction. You can order a new bracket from BigMak without ordering a new tankbag.

Don't worry about keeping the bike under 7K rpm. The new GT will do 100 mph in 6th gear and stay under 7K rpm. grin.gif

No problems with my BigMak either. Wait till you see what speeds you can attain after the breakin period eek.gif I do recommend you vary your RPMS continuously until you get the break in done. Cruising along at a constant engine speed for long distances can cause uneven wear and is less than ideal, IMO, with a new engine.

... new mount bracket from Bigmak to use with the old bag
an '06 + GT bracket is available. And, yes, you'll have no problems with a self imposed 7K redline during breakin ... it gets reeeeeally interesting later on when you get past that level grin.gif

Thanks for all the replies. 7K limit just seemed too good to be true. Break in will be very fun for a change. Thanks again. thumbsup.gif

Archived