IGNORED

great deal on Gerbing

scottsbmw

I found the best deal I have seen on a gerbing jacket liner. They are leftover 2005 new liners, very little change from the new model. I have purchased several things from Derbycycles and he ships fast and its all name brand products. Liner $159.00 + what controlled you want I just purchased the on off switch. heres the link. Derbycycles

I found the best deal I have seen on a gerbing jacket liner. They are leftover 2005 new liners, very little change from the new model. I have purchased several things from Derbycycles and he ships fast and its all name brand products. Liner $159.00 + what controlled you want I just purchased the on off switch. heres the link. Derbycycles

Just so that people are clear about the differences between the 2005 model Gerbing Jacet Liner and the current offerings, here they are:

1. The current model has it's glove connectors, at the end of each sleeve, enclosed in zippered pockets built into the end of each sleeve. The 2005 model only has a small pounch for you to stick the end of the plug, which often results in the plug and the wire coming out and flailing about when you move your arms (in particular when you're not riding, but wearing the liner casually).

2. The current model has a specially encased plastic plug built into the inside part of the liner. This is what you plug into. The older style model has wires that hang out of the jacket, that you plug into.

3. The current model has a softer, felt-like collar. The older model has a collar made from the same nylon material as the rest of the jacket.

I think $159 for the older model is a fair price. But before you anyone makes a purchase, I thought they should be aware of the differences between the two styles.

2. The current model has a specially encased plastic plug built into the inside part of the liner. This is what you plug into. The older style model has wires that hang out of the jacket, that you plug into.
And if you order the later model (with the plastic wire center in place of the wire stub) then I would advise also ordering a short extension cable (Gerbing has them available in several lengths) when you order the jacket. The new connector arrangement certainly has its advantages when hooking up multiple garments, but has one disadvantage in that it's kind of a PITA to have to reach up under the jacket and insert the plug in the blind, especially if you're wearing a 3/4 length jacket over the liner... the older wire stub arrangement was much easier in this regard. But the extension cable solves the issue completely and only costs a few bucks.

You must be refering to an even older model. The glove connections are in a zipped pocket on the top of the sleeve. The collar is exactly like the 07 I looked at them both in the showroom, and where you plug into the liner the connection just like on the current model. The only difference is the new model has 2 outlets versus one the model I bought. You could order both to compare or call Shelby on the phone and ask him directly, he will shoot you straight. stay warm Scott bncry.gif

Hi,

I received very poor (rude) respose to my questions to Derby about a potential helmet purchase.

I won't be a customer!

JR356

Archived