IGNORED

Quick Tank Bag Question.

kenny21545

My wife rides and R1150rt and the tank bag is too big for the bike. When she turns sharp to the left the Horn blows; Nice!! and always in the parking lot.

What size bag fits these bikes and a Brand if you can. I'll order it so the horn will stop blowing.. ):

Ken

ShovelStrokeEd

Why not just disable the damn horn. Pull one wire and your done. Given that most cage drivers are so enclosed in their cocoons as to be oblivious to your existence anyway, the feeble little bleat it emits will do nothing to help you.

I've got a couple of tank bags and both blow the horn for me, so I'm no help, sorry! I have a Wolfman 55 gallon model on the GS and a Fox 45 gallon unit on the RT. I always blow my horn about fifty times at around 6:30AM as I'm riding out of a campground..... tongue.gif

Doug

There are solutions.

I had a Big Mak tank bag on my RT and had no tooting problems.

I'm not sure which version I had but it was smaller in the front and larger towards the rear.

Cycle Gadgets should be able to help you choose.

Slyder_Steve

Marsee makes a 20L quick release tank bag and it's perfect for the RT! Bought mine from Bob's for a very reasonable price. You can do a quick google search and find them for about $125. Lock to lock capability with no horns!

Steve

Big Mak +2

You don't need a big tank bag, no matter what style you choose.

But, the convenience of the BMak when gassing up is great.

I use just the Diamond Space Case (designed to be used alone or mounted to the top of other BM models) and find it's plenty big enough.

If she's riding solo and the saddle bags/topcase aren't big enough for her stuff I'd get a bag for the passenger seat before a big tankbag.

I use just the Diamond Space Case (designed to be used alone or mounted to the top of other BM models) and find it's plenty big enough.
+1 from me. Perfect size for my needs. Anything more goes in the side cases.

Jim

You don't need a big tank bag, no matter what style you choose.

But, the convenience of the BMak when gassing up is great.

To be acurate, I use the Diamond Space Case on my 1200GS, while my wife uses the kidney shaped Big Mac on her 1150R. I used to have the kidney shaped one on my RT, but I prefer the Diamond Space Case.

Those are some darned big Tank Bags! Don't you find the bike a little top heavy? grin.gif

You think I'm kidding! Those things are HUGE! I've got a little TourMaster tankbag for the K75 that's just perfect, but my darned kid has it with him in North Dakota!

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
Slyder_Steve

I use the quick release on the bottom of the bag and lay it over the bars for gas stops. It works just fine for that. Besides, I've got some electric gismos in my bag that would be a real pain to un-hook everytime.

Ditto. I undo the zipper on the OEM bag and lift it over to the side to refuel. Not a big deal. I do like to tuck a rag under the bag when fueling though, just in case I get a burp and splash some fuel out of the tank.

Archived